Solved

My Feed-In-Tariff has been moved from SSE to OVO. But OVO doesn't recognize the FiT account number they gave me?

• 12 September 2022
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 2

SSE and OVO have advised me that my FIT has been moved to OVO.  OVO has provided me with a new account number. I phoned OVO with some questions, but nobody can help me because OVO does not recognize the account number OVO gave me.  I spent one hour 20 minutes on the phone waiting forever and nobody recognizes my account number.  I have sent three emails including one to the CEO but he is too busy advising the Government of course.  Reply from the CEO office telling me that it will take 10 days to reply because I am not a customer. I AM A CUSTOMER, I HAVE AN ACCO

UNT NUMBER. Numerous emails asking me to complete account set-up but, I can’t because “...there’s a problem”. I am invited to phone your unhelpful staff but they can’t help because they don’t recognize my account number. I DESPAIR. What is my correct account number please? Why don’t you answer emails?

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 13 September 2022, 10:56

View original

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Judesman ,

I’m sorry, but the MyOVO online services does not currently support FiT Accounts at this time. You won’t be able to use that service.

What was it that you needed to do?

Userlevel 2

Thank you.  I want to know why OVO has advised me of my account number yet nobody at OVO recognizes this number.  One hour 20 minutes wasted on the phone so far.  Nobody answers my emails! I was told that I would be sent an email with a link to register FIT reading. I can send FIT by using email but, no email with link sent. Just been listening to the BBC and all the complaints about OVO. What a shambles!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Things have been extremely busy recently and OVO is trying its best to catch up.

There is an alternative way to submit those FiT Readings. Use the Live Chat at https://help.ovoenergy.com and put in the keyword “agent” to get past the bot. If you get asked whether you have an account, say no and it’ll connect you (it doesn’t recognise FiT Accounts by itself yet).

There’s an internal form the Support Team can use to submit those readings on your behalf.

Userlevel 2

So why do I have to join a forum to find this out.  The email I received informing me that I am now an OVO customer didn’t tell me any of this. It told me how helpful the staff are - THEY AREN’T. WHY DOESN’T OVO RECOGNISE THE ACCOUNT NUMBER IT HAS CREATED. Keyword, agent, bot. Do you really think your elderly customers are going to know what you are talking about? Time someone contacted the Ombudsman.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m just a forum volunteer who helps out here and tries to help out. Your problem isn’t with me.

The Energy Ombudsman does not accept “class action” or “bulk complaint” style complaints either. All cases have to be raised individually and are always handled on an individual case-by-case basis. It’s a 1:1 relationship, so to speak. 1 complaint per case and 1 case per complaint. In the majority of cases, you’ll usually need to have complained to your supplier and reached deadlock first before the Ombudsman will step in.

If you wish to use the complaints process, you can find it at https://ovoenergy.com/feedback 

However, as you don’t seem to want my advice, I will withdraw from offering it.

Userlevel 2

I am grateful for your advice, thank you but, I really need answers to my questions, and it is not good enough when OVO doesn’t even respond to emails. OVO clearly wasn’t ready to accept my account and unless I get a satisfactory reply from the CEO I will take this matter up with the Ombudsman.  I am aware of the correct procedures. Moderator, company representative or volunteer, I had no idea of your role and you have no idea how frustrating and time wasting all of this has been. Next SSE will be transferring my gas and electricity supply to OVO. Well! We will see about that. It is not your fault that the Company you act as a volunteer for is so inefficient.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Don’t give me problems, give me solutions is a mantra I’ve lived by for a very long time.

OVO’s Support Team is brilliant with me and it’s about to go next level as part of some serious upgrades they’re rolling out. If you leave now, you’ll be missing out on things like having a squad of 10+ account managers looking after you. No other supplier that I know of offers that level of service. You will get those upgrades immediately upon your SSE gas and electric accounts being migrated to OVO.

Going to the Energy Ombudsman will, at most, only solve your problem. It definitely won’t have much impact on anyone else. Which is why I did this.

That idea will - if it gets implemented - help not only yourself but anyone and everyone else who might be affected. If you wish to support the idea, please Upvote it.

There is no other supplier that I know of which listens to feedback in this way. I can tell you with confidence that if this idea is accepted by the forum moderators, it will get sent to internal teams to review and hopefully respond to.

Userlevel 2

That would be a step in the right direction.  The CEO and management team need to take a hard look at the quality of support they are providing. Change takes time and I need answers to my emails now.  We have a window of opportunity to submit readings and if we miss that window, I will not get payment, possibly until the end of February and that is quite unacceptable. At present it seems that your CEO is more interested in advising the Government instead of organising his own business.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you send the readings over to fits@ovoenergy.com / seg@ovoenergy.com now you’ll be well within that window because the timestamp will clearly show exactly when the email was delivered to the system.

I do not work for OVO myself and have no path to reach the CEO or senior management teams. As an independent forum volunteer, my actions do not come within their remit, they instead come under the watchful eye of the forum moderators.

Userlevel 2

You have provided a lot of helpful information and links here but, it should not be necessary for customers to join a forum and go to these lengths to get answers to our questions. Of course, I still do not know why OVO does not recognise an account number generated by OVO. We can only hope that the management read these posts and act accordingly. I doubt it! My neighbour is in the same position but does not own a computer. I will not repeat their thoughts on this matter. I have always found SSE most helpful but would not recommend OVO to anyone. Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 5

Edited on 27/10/2022 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Hi @Judesman,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had.

If you’re only with SSE or OVO with your FiT account, you won’t have access to the OVO online account portal.

If it’s OVO, as @Blastoise186 advised the contact email for the team you want is fits@ovoenergy.com or seg@ovoenergy.com.  

If you are an OVO customer, moving over from SSE for your energy, you should have access to your OVO online account once you’ve had your email from OVO about joining from SSE. Can’t log in? Use this link to activate your account.

I’m sorry that you’ve had difficulty getting through to the right FiT team. I know they’re working as hard as we can to get to everyone and we thank you for your patience.

You can speak to our FiT Team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

If you’re SSE but don’t have your energy account with OVO, your call will be automatically routed to the FiT Team. 

Hope this helps.

I am in exactly the same boat.  I received an email from OVO on 17/08/22 with my new A/C number for my FIT readings submission.  I have tried on numerous occasions to set up this A/C through OVO but keep receiving the same error message as Judesman.  On the 01/09/22 I made a number of phone calls to try and give my FIT reading for that quarter.  I spent over 4 hours on the phone and am still unsure if my reading has been submitted.  I was given a Complaint Case Number and tried to follow this up today using the telephone number the advisor gave me: 03303035063.  After telephoning this number again today, I have been advised  that this is for OVO customers and they cannot find my account on the system.  I have spent the last 5 weeks being sent from pillar to post and received no assistance from anyone on the OVO team.  

Userlevel 2

Thank you, Emmanuelle.  I have at last heard from Shiraz from SSE in the OVO executive complaint's office He will get answers to my questions because he works for SSE and he will need to email OVO! Apparently OVO should now recognize the new FIT account number because my account has now been set up whereas previously it hadn’t.  I should have received an email with a link to record my FIT reading. I HAVEN’T. OVO informs me that when my energy supply is transferred from SSE I will have to pay monthly and not quarterly by DD as at present.  I will look for a new supplier.

Thank you, Emmanuelle.  I have at last heard from Shiraz from SSE in the OVO executive complaint's office He will get answers to my questions because he works for SSE and he will need to email OVO! Apparently OVO should now recognize the new FIT account number because my account has now been set up whereas previously it hadn’t.  I should have received an email with a link to record my FIT reading. I HAVEN’T. OVO informs me that when my energy supply is transferred from SSE I will have to pay monthly and not quarterly by DD as at present.  I will look for a new supplier.

Hi Judesman - Can you give me the telephone number for the SSE complaint’s office.  I have wasted so much time on the same matter as yourself.  My new FIT account is also not recognised.  I am at my wits end with it all.

Userlevel 2

LizMack I am so sorry.  My blood pressure is through the roof. I have just been told that my FIT account number will now be recognised but, from what you say, that is not the case. May I suggest that you email your FIT reading to “fits@ovoenergy.com” You should receive an automated acknowledgement immediately and that would at least provide confirmation that you sent in your reading. Then you have to rely on an OVO person to load your reading into the system and it isn’t until then that you get an official confirmation.  You cannot set up an account for a FIT customer, only for supply customers but they don’t tell you that - do they! Your next step is to email the CEO his email *edited by mod*. I received a reply from his department but was told that as I am not a customer, I would have to wait up to 10 days for a reply.  I received a phone call this morning after12 days (I think) See above. The CEO is busy advising the Government on energy policy, so he is probably too busy to deal with people like us.  I have never known such appalling service.

LizMack I am so sorry.  My blood pressure is through the roof. I have just been told that my FIT account number will now be recognised but, from what you say, that is not the case. May I suggest that you email your FIT reading to “fits@ovoenergy.com” You should receive an automated acknowledgement immediately and that would at least provide confirmation that you sent in your reading. Then you have to rely on an OVO person to load your reading into the system and it isn’t until then that you get an official confirmation.  You cannot set up an account for a FIT customer, only for supply customers but they don’t tell you that - do they! Your next step is to email the CEO *edited by mod*. I received a reply from his department but was told that as I am not a customer, I would have to wait up to 10 days for a reply.  I received a phone call this morning after12 days (I think) See above. The CEO is busy advising the Government on energy policy, so he is probably too busy to deal with people like us.  I have never known such appalling service.

Thank you Judesman I will send an email to the CEO and await the reply.  I too have never come across such an appalling service.

Userlevel 2

LizMack.  Do let us know how you get on.

Userlevel 2

I see that the disclosure of the CEO’s email address has been edited by the moderator.  OVO must be worried.  When a customer has a problem, it is a pity the mods don’t help.  This might help though: Google ceoemail.com.

Userlevel 2

UPDATE. The CEO’s office advised me that I would receive, by email, a confirmation that my FIT reading has been loaded into the system.  I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION and the FIT window is drawing to a close. I phoned the only published phone number and was asked for my account number.  Once again my account number was not recognized although the CEO’s office told me the problem had been resolved.  IT HASN’T.  I told the person answering my call that I wanted to complain but was told that the only way to do that is by email and the response time is four weeks.  I have lodged a complaint by email and unless I receive a satisfactory response I will go to the Ombudsman. The BBC covered the problems experienced by OVO customers recently and I will ask one of the consumer support journalists in a newspaper for help. On the plus side, now I know the October tariffs, I have moved my energy supply from SSE before that gets moved to OVO. Perhaps OVO should not have cut a quarter of its workforce back in January.

Received, at long last, a call back yesterday from the Complaints Dept at OVO.  (This took over 3 weeks) Advised that the FIT Payments will take 12 weeks before the money is paid into my A/C.  The reason being that although, I put my Reading in on the 01/09/22 it would not start to be processed until 30/09/22 (the cut off date for that quarter).  When I queried this I was advised that it took 8 weeks to process the payment.  I am totally dumbfounded as I have had Solar Panels for 11 years and during this time, when I gave my FIT readings to SSE the payment was received within 7 to 14 days.  Obviously, OVO are going to hold onto our monies for between 8 to 12 weeks.  I was not given an explanation, why this was the case, but advised she would call me back today with her findings to clarify the matter. 

Userlevel 2

LizMack I believe the reason is that having received all the readings during September, Ovo then submits the total to Ofgem and awaits payment.  It is not until Ofgem pay OVO that OVO pays us. SSE used to pay out straight away. Still waiting for reply from Complaints Department, told that it would take four weeks.

Edited on 27/10/2022 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Hi @Judesman,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had.

If you’re only with SSE or OVO with your FiT account, you won’t have access to the OVO online account portal.

If it’s OVO, as @Blastoise186 advised the contact email for the team you want is fits@ovoenergy.com or seg@ovoenergy.com.  

If you are an OVO customer, moving over from SSE for your energy, you should have access to your OVO online account once you’ve had your email from OVO about joining from SSE. Can’t log in? Use this link to activate your account.

I’m sorry that you’ve had difficulty getting through to the right FiT team. I know they’re working as hard as we can to get to everyone and we thank you for your patience.

You can speak to our FiT Team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

If you’re SSE but don’t have your energy account with OVO, your call will be automatically routed to the FiT Team. 

Hope this helps.

Is there any chance OvO can have the decency to communicate with their  customers, I have ha no replay to my email, sent 30/9/22, and numerous others - OVO have stuffed up my FITs, cant leave OVO as the FIT registration helpd by Ofgem has been Changed  - I really cant see OVO having any customers in 12 months as all will have left.

Hi Judesman - Thought I would update you on my issue with OVO.  They eventually got in touch with me by telephone and apologised for the treatment I had received. They offered me £15 compensation!!!! I did not receive the payment and when I telephoned about the non receipt I received a call back saying they would now offer me £40 compensation!!!  This did not cover my wasted time or telephone bill but I accepted it as I was completely drained with it all. 
I have since, managed to set up my A/C online through OVO and have received an email last week informing me that my FIT payment will be paid after the 1 Dec.and will take up to 4 working days. 
I would add that it will have taken over  12 weeks for them to make  the payment to me  since I submitted my FIT reading.on the 1 September. 
PLEASE NOTE that the next FIT submission is from the 1 to 31 December. 
I Was informed by OVO that it would take 12 weeks after the last submission date., therefore I have no intention of submitting my reading until the last submission day.
I have had solar panels for 11 years and have never had any problems with sending and receiving my Payments from SSE. My payments were always  made within 7 to 10 working days of submitting my reading. 
I queried the 12 week payment delay during my discussions with OVO complaints dept and they advised ‘they are a very small company and do not have the funds that SSE hold and because of this they have to send all the FIT  payment requests to OFGEM to be agreed before they are sent out to the Customer.

I failed to believe what was being said and knew this conversation was going to be  a losing battle so made the decision to end the call as politely and quickly as possible……. 

Whether a SME or huge corporation customer service is important. I had OVO forced on me, and decided to go with Octopus. However I cant even transfer my FITs as OVO have renamed my account held by Ofgem, to a new name, and Octopus under GDPR cant tell me, so had to spend £6 to download Land registry proof to send to Ofgem, to prove I own the home I own and have lives in for 25 years, all because OVO are totally useless.

I submitted by FIT reading on 29/9 so will be interesting to see if I get paid, or if they pay the wrong person. I have no issues ever with SSE in over 10 years.

All organisations can make errors, but OVO seriously do not give a damn. The Customer Service person saw my point, and has asked OVO to call me - FITS@OVO dont listen to her either.as never called.

Shocking outfit.

Userlevel 2

Hi Judesman - Thought I would update you on my issue with OVO.  They eventually got in touch with me by telephone and apologised for the treatment I had received. They offered me £15 compensation!!!! I did not receive the payment and when I telephoned about the non receipt I received a call back saying they would now offer me £40 compensation!!!  This did not cover my wasted time or telephone bill but I accepted it as I was completely drained with it all. 
I have since, managed to set up my A/C online through OVO and have received an email last week informing me that my FIT payment will be paid after the 1 Dec.and will take up to 4 working days. 
I would add that it will have taken over  12 weeks for them to make  the payment to me  since I submitted my FIT reading.on the 1 September. 
PLEASE NOTE that the next FIT submission is from the 1 to 31 December. 
I Was informed by OVO that it would take 12 weeks after the last submission date., therefore I have no intention of submitting my reading until the last submission day.
I have had solar panels for 11 years and have never had any problems with sending and receiving my Payments from SSE. My payments were always  made within 7 to 10 working days of submitting my reading. 
I queried the 12 week payment delay during my discussions with OVO complaints dept and they advised ‘they are a very small company and do not have the funds that SSE hold and because of this they have to send all the FIT  payment requests to OFGEM to be agreed before they are sent out to the Customer.

I failed to believe what was being said and knew this conversation was going to be  a losing battle so made the decision to end the call as politely and quickly as possible……. 

Hi Liz Mack. So pleased you got some compensation. I have given up. I have lodged complaints, spent hours on the phone to useless staff but never received a reply. Posted on Trustpilot and was promised a contact from Craig but never heard anything. The business is a disaster and like you had wonderful service from SSE. It will be interesting to see if I receive a FIT submission email in December. Thanks for the update.