Solved

Moving from SSE to OVO - How can I access my SSE app or online account? I need to check my balance is correct

• 17 December 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Why can i not view the SSE App, athough ive been migrated to OVO.  Reason is i had a lot of credir which seem to have disappeared.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 17 December 2021, 22:34

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Howdy @Golferbell !

Welcome to OVO by the way. You won’t be able to use the MySSE app anymore I’m afraid, but you will be able to use the OVO Energy app:

For Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ovo.energy

For iOS/iPadOS - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ovo-energy/id626316021

On a PC - https://my.ovoenergy.com to access MyOVO via the web

What you’ll want to do the first time, is use the set up account option here to get your online account up and running. You’ll then be able to use the OVO Energy app once that’s all done.

Your credit balance is probably still migrating over from SSE, so please allow up to two weeks for that to complete - it will definitely show up as a line entry on the bills so it’ll be easy to spot too! In the meantime, if you log into your SSE online account via the website, you should see a Final Bill from SSE, in order to pay off the bills. Any and all spare credit after that will be moving to OVO shortly and be applied to your account automatically.

You’ll have six months from now to retrieve any last minute data from your SSE account before it gets archived. I definitely recommend backing up anything you want to keep while you have that chance. Otherwise, please use OVO’s online services from now on.

If you need to chat with the Support Team, feel free to use the dedicated number 0345 0260 712 and they’ll help you out.

If there’s anything else we can help with, feel free to stop by the forum anytime.

Great to see our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 covering everything you need to know in terms of accessing your SSE account and new OVO online account.

In case you have anymore questions about your move to OVO we’ve also put together these FAQs - Any more questions not covered here, feel free to pop back here. We’re always happy to help our newly arriving OVO members get settled in! 

Merry Festive-time to you too! :santa:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, keep safe and have a great xmas

Userlevel 7

Great to see our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 covering everything you need to know in terms of accessing your SSE account and new OVO online account.

In case you have anymore questions about your move to OVO we’ve also put together these FAQs - Any more questions not covered here, feel free to pop back here. We’re always happy to help our newly arriving OVO members get settled in! 

Merry Festive-time to you too! :santa:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you.  Ive now discovered that my smart meter is not sending tge Night Economy readings and im being billed at Day Rates for usage.  The Night part has stayed at the same reading since migration to OVO. Although my contract says economy 7.    Beeen told a new meter is required, although date given is 1 Feb.  Will they be able to work out my Day and Night rates back to Dec 16 when this happened.  Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That might be possible, but I can’t say for sure. I can try to ask @Jess_OVO if she knows anything about how that would work though.

Could you show us some photos of your meter please? That will definitely help us a lot.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 1
Badge

This reading has not moved from the 15 Dec

Userlevel 7

Thanks for posting that photo, @Golferbell and sorry to hear about the issue you’re having with your smart meter not clocking your nighttime usage.

Sounds like there could be a fault with your meter’s time-switch which controls when each register should clock your usage. As outlined in this related topic:

Broken Time-switch

• If you have a two-rate meter, sometimes the time-switch that controls the timing of when the registers clock can break. Normally one register stops clocking resulting in all consumption clocking on the other register. In some cases however both registers clock consumption but at the incorrect times.
  • In order to resolve this issue reach out to our Support Team to request a faulty meter exchange - good news is that we’ll be able to replace your faulty meter for a sparkly new SMETS2 smart meter. Once the meter exchange goes ahead, we redistribute the removal reading across the two registers using either your annual averages prior to the fault or new meter consumption depending on which is most appropriate. Redistribution is not required if you’ve been charged the same prices for both registers the whole time. 

If you’ve already been in touch with the Support Team to arrange a faulty meter exchange, then not to worry - Your day and night time usage will be recalculated based on your usual consumption split.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease - Do let us know if you need any more advice on this or any other new account related questions. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just done some calculations off previous Bills:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Did anyone manage to have a look at this please

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I can see what you mean there and I think I can agree with you. I’d definitely recommend showing all of this to the Support Team when you get chance - feel free to send them a link to this thread if that’s easier for you.

Tim and Jess will be back in the morning, so they might have some more advice then.

Userlevel 1
Badge

How do i send a link to this thread please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The link for this thread is:

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/my-account-140/sse-app-9937 . If you’re talking to the Support Team via either email or Live Chat, simply copy/paste that link. Otherwise, if it’s over the phone then the easiest way would be to ask the agent to come to the forum and then do a search for your forum username via the search tool on the home page. You’ve not had much activity yet, so there’s only two results that will come up right now. Should be fairly easy from there. :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does anyone know the costs per kWh, both Day and Night Rates for OVO Simpler Energy Economy please.

Userlevel 1
Badge
As you can see my Night Readings havent changed in 11 days

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’m afraid I don’t have them handy, sorry!

However, I can probably ask Tim for help with that. The Tariff Information Labels are probably archived somewhere, so if I manage to dig them up, I’ll let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Golferbell - I can see you’ve now flagged this with our support team, which you confirmed over in this thread

Does anyone know the costs per kWh, both Day and Night Rates for OVO Simpler Energy Economy please.

This depends on the region you’re in. When you’re in your renewal window, you can review available plan via your online account. Our Support team can also advise you on prices for your region in the meantime. 

And even better, here are the Simpler Energy prices for my region (Bristol)

Electricity standing charge: 24.44p per day

Electricity unit rate: 20.57p per kWh

Gas standing charge: 24.87p per day

Gas unit rate: 3.99p per kWh

Userlevel 1
Badge

Now my wife and myself are now at our wits end.   On the migration to OVO on 15/16 Dec our electric is all going on Day Charges our Economy 7 Night Reading hasnt moved since then.  Currently our meter says we have used over £210 since, which is way way beyond our previous readings.  We only use approx 9-12 kWh during the day and approx 35-45 nightly.  We have been told on numerous occasions that this will be sorted in 7-10 days, but still nothing heard.   Currently we are over £600 in credit.  Plus we are awating a new IHD, which is awaiting arrival.    Can anyone help two old pensioners. Grt this sorted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you’ve already contacted the Support Team, the best advice I can give right now would be to hang in there until they get back to you.

However, if you feel there’s not enough progress being made, you have the option to raise a formal complaint via OVO’s Complaints Process. That’s about the best I can think of right now.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you look at the photo of the Meter above, why is there a seal on the B Button?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I noticed that seal, but to be honest… I have no idea why that particular one was applied. I also know that OVO doesn’t seem to have a policy of sealing the B Button on Aclara SGM1400 Series meters, but I don’t know the policy for any other supplier, or that of SSE. All I know is that when it comes to SSE, the SMETS1 Aclara SGM1311 that I had fitted at the time didn’t have any buttons sealed, because the meter didn’t support it. And when I had it replaced with a SMETS2 Aclara SGM1411-B last year by OVO (which does support the feature), the engineer did not seal the B Button.

Technically speaking, that button doesn’t need to be sealed at all, since it’s just a button and there’s not really much you can do in the menu that would cause any issues. Pretty much all engineer level functionality is locked out and gated behind PIN protected menus, to which you’d never get into anyway. You’ll never get the Engineer PIN either as it’s kept confidential.

Please don’t attempt to remove the seal yourself, as it might be considered tampering. I’ve hardly ever come across any meter with the buttons sealed like that, but I know it’s possible to do. I think I can ask @Jess_OVO to see if there’s a way to have just that one seal removed legitimately, in order to allow you to access the B Menus. There is stuff in there which is considered customer facing by the manufacturer Aclara, and being able to use both buttons on that meter would be important if you were to ever go onto Pay As You Go for any reason. I have a rough idea of what’s in there as I’ve previously mapped it all out after all.

Userlevel 7

Now my wife and myself are now at our wits end.   On the migration to OVO on 15/16 Dec our electric is all going on Day Charges our Economy 7 Night Reading hasnt moved since then.  Currently our meter says we have used over £210 since, which is way way beyond our previous readings.  We only use approx 9-12 kWh during the day and approx 35-45 nightly.  We have been told on numerous occasions that this will be sorted in 7-10 days, but still nothing heard.   Currently we are over £600 in credit.  Plus we are awating a new IHD, which is awaiting arrival.    Can anyone help two old pensioners. Grt this sorted.

I’m so sorry to hear that this Economy 7 issue is understandably causing you undue concern, @Golferbell, particularly as the promised time-frame to get this one fixed has now passed.

Just to give you a bit more reassurance, we have identified a data error with a number of Economy 7 members joining us from SSE. We’re putting a fix in place for all affected members and will be contacting you directly to explain how your billing is being recalculated. Bearing in mind that if your meter isn’t currently clocking your day and night usage separately, this can be redistributed based on your previous consumption split so you shouldn’t be over-charged for any usage in the meantime. It does sound like the billing on your account may currently be paused, meaning you’ll be building up a credit which will cover the charges when your opening statement is issued. 

I’m hoping this helps to ease your mind somewhat - sounds like your IHD has already been requested so depending on our current stock levels I’d expect this to be received in the next few weeks, our Support Team can double-check this for you if you’re still waiting at this point.