Question

Moved into my new house, electricity with OVO and impossible to reach ovo customer service

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Moved into my new house, electricity with OVO and impossible to reach ovo customer service, they providing a phone number where automated system asking for a customer number, since I haven’t got one the system hang up. I’ve got 2 kids with me in the property and they are freezing because impossible reaching OVO! Even when I reach them then they put the phone on me!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @miraclegreat .

Firstly, sorry for the trouble there. I’ve recently suggested a way to fix that phone system issue and I can assure you that Tim and Jess have escalated it to the team that manages the system. It will be fixed asap. In the meantime, you can skip that account number check simply by waiting for around 30 seconds without pressing any buttons and the system will bypass that prompt.

With that being said, if the meters are Pay As You Go, you’ll probably want to chat with Boost rather than OVO, as that’s OVO’s dedicated PAYG brand. They’ll get you sorted out if that’s the case. Don’t give up, you’ll get through if you’re patient.

Userlevel 7

Hi @miraclegreat - Welcome to your new home and to the OVO online community.

I’m so sorry to hear of the difficulty you’ve had when trying to give us a call to set-up an account. As our community volunteer @Blastoise186 has mentioned we’re passing on this feedback as we want to make sure it’s clear that you don’t need to enter an account number in order to speak to our Support Team. If you press the hash key (#) you’ll be able to skip this step and reach another menu which allows you to connect to an agent.

As you’ve mentioned being off-supply this does suggest your new home may have prepayment meters, in which case you’ll need to give the Boost team a call on 0117 332 3728 (they’re open 8am - 6pm, weekdays and 9am - 2pm on Saturdays). If you’re off-supply you can also reach the Boost team during their emergency-only hours (6pm - 8pm on weekdays,  2pm - 5pm on Saturdays and 9am - 5pm on Sundays)

I’m really hoping you’ve already managed to get your supply back up and running - do pop back and let us know how you get on. :thumbsup: