Solved

Is there much difference in the OVO Member Special and One Year Fixed (Better) plans for price?

• 20 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there any difference between the one year fixed loyalty tariff and the one year fixed better energy tariff - except that the former is fractionally cheaper for gas? We will be renewing in August and I can’t see any other difference in the terms.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 20 June 2021, 15:48

Welcome to the OVO Forum @igcoldicott , it’s nice to meet you.

Yup, they’re pretty similar overall other than the rates on offer. It’s worth double checking the Tariff Information Label to make sure, as this will tell you everything you need to know about the tariffs being offered. But it is pretty common for companies to offer a slight loyalty discount or special loyalty offer for staying. If you’re happy to stay with OVO and the tariff looks good, then it’s worth considering. :)

Either way, if you do renew with OVO on any tariff, your OVO Interest Reward will get boosted too, as long as you’re not already on the 5% rate.

If you need a hand with this anything else though, I’ll be right here.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to the OVO Forum @igcoldicott , it’s nice to meet you.

Yup, they’re pretty similar overall other than the rates on offer. It’s worth double checking the Tariff Information Label to make sure, as this will tell you everything you need to know about the tariffs being offered. But it is pretty common for companies to offer a slight loyalty discount or special loyalty offer for staying. If you’re happy to stay with OVO and the tariff looks good, then it’s worth considering. :)

Either way, if you do renew with OVO on any tariff, your OVO Interest Reward will get boosted too, as long as you’re not already on the 5% rate.

If you need a hand with this anything else though, I’ll be right here.

Userlevel 1

Thanks very much, pretty muchconfirms what I thought, but I decided it was worth asking the question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Anytime! I’m glad I could help. If you’re happy with my answer, could you mark it as the Best Answer for me? It helps other members out who might be seeking the same advice.

This forum never closes and we’re around (almost) 24/7. Feel free to drop by anytime.

Userlevel 7

Nice one, @Blastoise186 and thanks for posting this, @igcoldicott.

I’ve tweaked the title of this topic and moved it over to another category. I thought I better check though, are you referring to the OVO Member Special renewal option vs the 1 Year Fixed (Better) plan? 

Userlevel 1

Hi Tim, yes that’s right. The tariff label suggest there is no difference except the Fixed Loyalty plan works out about £4 cheaper over the year for gas and electricity combined.

Sorry not to have replied earlier.

Ian

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No worries @igcoldicott , glad we could help with that one. :)

I hope you enjoy the new tariff and the boosted OVO Interest Reward. The 3% rate is already pretty overpowered, but the 4% rate and 5% rate are even more so. :wink: