Question

Impossible to get hold of anyone, this is a joke

• 23 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am trying to call / chat someone at OVO to solve a billing issue. How can i contact anyone ? 

I tried the phone : you can wait as long as you want, no one will answer.

I tried the chat : i am supposed to be “position 1 in queue” and after more than 80 minutes, still no one… HOW CAN WE CONTACT YOU. You NEED to have a way for your clients to be able to contact you !!

Maybe someone can help me with my issue :

I had estimated readings for a long time, when i did an actual reading, it was well below the estimation. At first i received a statement with a negative amount to pay. This statement was quickly replaced by a statement for the month starting with my reading and an estimation for the end of the month. This means that the difference between the estimated number and the actual reading was paid by me while it was never actually used. How can we correct this please ?
thanks 

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hey @frenchnes,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had.

The best thing to do is work out your billing date, you can find this on your previous statements. Which you can download from your Online Account.

For example, if your statement dates run from the 27th to the 28th of each month and you want your bill up to the meter reading you’ve provided, you’ll need to submit this on the 26th or 27th of each month.

We do however have a live billing system! So whenever you want an up to date account balance you can submit a meter reading and your balance will update accordingly within 24-48 hours. 

This means that if you miss the meter reading date and get an estimated bill, you can rectify this by logging into your Online Account and submitting a read. 

We have a great guide you might find helpful:

Want to stop getting estimated bills? Have you thought about getting a free smart meter? We have tons of information and resources on this topic:

Hope this helps.