Solved

I was checking my renewal options on my online account and accidentally fixed in! - Can I cancel this renewal so I can see the renewal options again?

• 30 October 2021
  • 6 replies

• Carbon Cutter*
  • 2 replies

When reviewing my energy renewals I pressed one but mistake. I have sent an email stating this and requesting that this be cancelled and my renewal options put back on to my account for my perusal. I have not heard anything yet and hope this will be cancelled. Can anyone help with this.

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 1 November 2021, 13:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey there @MM33 !

Yup, this should be possible. You can’t bring back the renewal options I’m afraid since you’ve already triggered a renewal, but you can discuss this with the Support Team and they can help you change your selections to one of the other options on offer.

As this would be a change of contract, it needs verbal confirmation and you’ll need to do this over the phone. Please could you call the team on Monday about this? The number you’re after is 0330 303 5063.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Userlevel 7

Hi @MM33 and Welcome to the OVO online community.

See you’ve met our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 who’s pretty much spot-on with this advice:

Yup, this should be possible. You can’t bring back the renewal options I’m afraid since you’ve already triggered a renewal, but you can discuss this with the Support Team and they can help you change your selections to one of the other options on offer.

As this would be a change of contract, it needs verbal confirmation and you’ll need to do this over the phone. Please could you call the team on Monday about this? The number you’re after is 0330 303 5063.

Worth mentioning that your cooling-off period runs until 14 days after your contract began, so there’s not exit fees applied for cancelling the renewal at this point. Even if you’re not in your renewal window you should always be able to view the current fixed plan offers via the Homepage of your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) so you can have a little peruse once you’ve cancelled the current fixed plan:

Exact appearance may vary

When checking my renewal energy plans I accidentally pressed one by mistake. I have emailed ovo and had no reply. I have phoned today and the person I spoke to said he had cancelled the plan I had done in error which is good. When I asked for information on the new tariffs I could get he said they are on the website. When I checked the website I couldn't find any new energy deals on the website. I am getting a bit fed up with no one giving me the information I have asked for. Can anyone help me please. I just want to have a look at new tariffs so I can pick one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MM33 !

Sorry about that. You should be able to see the option to set a new plan from just after midnight tonight by logging into MyOVO, you can’t miss it. You’ll be on the Simpler Energy plan by the time you wake up and see this, so that should get you back on track.

Hopefully that works!

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear about the accidental renewal and difficulty viewing your available options, @MM33.

I think our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 has hit the nail on the head with this advice:

Sorry about that. You should be able to see the option to set a new plan from just after midnight tonight by logging into MyOVO, you can’t miss it. You’ll be on the Simpler Energy plan by the time you wake up and see this, so that should get you back on track.

As it can take up to 24 hours for any cancelled plans to reflect on your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) this might explain why you weren’t able to view the other renewal options yesterday. There’s some more helpful advice on what you should expect to see on the Best answer above.

Hope this helps - Let us know if you need any more renewal advice. :thumbsup: