Solved

I've just joined OVO from SSE - How does the live billing on my online account work?

• 2 November 2021
  • 2 replies

can someone explain to me why one minute my bill was  one price (over double from last month) i then logged inagain to my account and it had gone up by £30  then when i went from one page to another (to find my statement) it went up again i was so much happier with SSE i knew where i was with bills never in debt now i am getting further and further into debt due to the price keep changing

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 3 November 2021, 13:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @bartwell , welcome to the OVO Forum!

I’m Blastoise186, one of the forum volunteers. I can’t access your account, but I can give general advice.

It sounds to me as if your account is still migrating, but things should settle down over the next few days. MyOVO works on a more real-time basis so it takes a bit of getting used to, but you’ll soon enjoy it. :)

In fact, MyOVO makes it even easier to keep track, since your credit balance will update daily to reflect all credits and debits as long as meter readings are going in on a regular basis.

I can assure you that as long as you’re making payments as agreed, you won’t get into debt with OVO and OVO will not initiate any kind of debt recovery actions against your account. Keep an eye on it for now and hopefully your credit will transfer over too.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 25/01/22 by Jess_OVO

Welcome to OVO and our online community, @bartwell!

It’s great to see a former SSE customer who’s been moved to OVO here, asking a really important question about the changes you might notice in how your billing works since the move. If you haven’t already we’d encourage you to check out our SSE to OVO FAQs which includes this related billing question:

How will I get my bills when I’m with OVO?

At OVO we like to keep things simple. We'll send you a bill every month or every three months, which will cover your energy use for the last billing period. We’ll let you know how often you can expect to receive your bill before you move to OVO.

If we supply you with gas and electricity, we’ll combine both into one simple bill, so you’ll be able to see each, side by side. This is different to your SSE bills, where you might be used to receiving separate quarterly bills for your gas and electricity.

If you haven't activated your online account yet, just head here to get started.

To see more about your bills, have a look around our handy guide here.

As our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 has already mentioned, what might be a little different is the live-billing aspect of your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS). As we’ll update your balance daily to account for the standing charges and usage, you might see a difference in the balance shown here since your last billing summary. There’s more advice to help you get to grips with how this works here:

Hope this helps - Do pop back if you’ve got any more questions about your new online account:relaxed: