Solved

Energy bill Discount Grant

• 25 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I have received £67 from OVO , but at the same time they have charged me the same value. I think there is no any sense of payment process!

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 25 January 2023, 11:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Besides putting the £67 in your bank account and reducing your bill @Mido ?

They applied the £67 to my account then the next day it said £67 refunded so I rang ovo and they said its because I pay by dd that they pay me the money into my bank

I asked Ovo why they didn't keep the £67 because the government are giving this to me to contribute to my energy bills. They said Ovo had decided to give it back, I have decided to pay it back to them every month so yes, additional admin for Ovo and me.  No benefit for either of us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

They applied the £67 to my account then the next day it said £67 refunded so I rang ovo and they said its because I pay by dd that they pay me the money into my bank

Yes, so your energy bill is reduced by the £67 and then this is paid back to you. It’s slight different for those not on dd

Besides putting the £67 in your bank account and reducing your bill @Mido ?

Thank you for your response.They applied this valve to my account, so there’s an extra charge. I have returned the money, and the balance restored as before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s barmey that OVO have confused so many people by refunding the £66/£67 to dd customers and obviously not explained it sufficiently. Maybe there could be an explanation on the phone line along the lines of ’if you’re a direct debit customer and you’ve seen £66 or £67 refunded to your bank, don’t worry: this is correct, your ebss has been paid into your account and you can see it in your Charges detail’. 
The phone lines are busy enough without that added in.

Userlevel 5

You can’t win. There are some who’d like to see the rebate added to their account balance, while others would complain that ‘OVO is hanging on to my money’ if that happened. Some would say ‘deduct it from my DD,’ but what if it’s more than the DD? ‘Just pay it into the bank account and leave it out of the account completely’ - fine for those who have an account registered with OVO, but what about the rest? And where’s the audit trail showing that OVO did its job of passing the rebate on to the customer?? 

I reckon OVO have hit on the best solution for the greatest number of users, even though the most complaints are from DD customers who didn’t follow that trail. It’s explained well on the website, but not anywhere that I could find on the Android app.