Solved

Comical Direct Debit suggestions - how is it calculated?

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 5

Glad to hear it @Suewest! The team will get back to you in 24 to 48 hours.

Thanks

Come on Ovo £2000 pcm d/d is £24000 pa. The initial d/d was £60.

That is a lot of energy for a 2 bedroom apartment.

The response initially was, thanks, we’ll have a look at it seemed the right one…..what followed seems very poor.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Kenyon graham ,

Please be aware that this thread is two years old and the users involved have since moved on. While threads are kept open indefinitely, please try to avoid replying to threads that have been inactive for over six months unless you need to bring up the same topic again, as it helps to reduce the noise for other members.

Thanks for understanding!

Hi Blastoise, Ovo Energy replied to the comment on the 3/2/22, they thought it was still relevant, that’s what caught my eye.  That said you are correct that issue may of been resolved satisfactorily. It would be a positive, if comments are closed out and resolved. As that will indicate some form of resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That was actually part of a bulk edit by the looks of things. The actual last reply to this thread was on the 9th March 2020 by a retired moderator. Bulk edits are often used to fix outdated best answers dynamically and the updated on tag is used primarily to let people know the comment has been changed because the forum software doesn’t currently do that.

Some forums have a policy of closing out and locking inactive threads automatically after a while, but others keep them unlocked to allow for further discussions if needed. If a thread has been inactive for a long time though, it’s a potential indicator that the question has been resolved. There is also the Solved tag at the top of such threads which gets added when a best answer is selected.

Fortunately, continued comments on this thread won’t create any further noise for anyone else unless they read it again so it’s not as bad on here as some places are!

Userlevel 7

Come on Ovo £2000 pcm d/d is £24000 pa. The initial d/d was £60.

That is a lot of energy for a 2 bedroom apartment.

The response initially was, thanks, we’ll have a look at it seemed the right one…..what followed seems very poor.

Wow @Kenyon graham something’s gone wrong here. We base Direct Debit recommendations on your projected usage. If there’s been an error somewhere it might explain that very high recommended payment. 

I’ve replied to your other topic to recommend contacting our Collections team. Now that you’ve flagged this huge payment recommendation, I’m beginning to think the two issues might be linked. 

As we can’t access your discuss your account here, I’d recommend a direct call to Collections when you can...