Solved

Can we get access to the live usage API?

Show first post

204 replies

Hi,

I'm more of a configurer than a coder but I'm very keen to extract historical data either directly from the meter or via your back-end web services. I'm using Honeywell Evohome to control heating and water in my house and I'd like to be able to measure the impact of its use on my energy consumption.

Ideal for me would be a domoticz (https://www.domoticz.com/) integration - domoticz is already proving to be a great way to bring together a number of different smart home activities to visualise and control them together.

Do the dev team have an idea of when this functionality is likely to be implemented?
Userlevel 7
I'm interested in making the current live usage more accessible - the page on the website is great but means physically going to look at it, so I'd like to have the current usage readily available on something such as my phone.

I think it would also be interesting to look at the historic usage on other ways such as day of the week and cross reference with freely available weather history to see if there are correlations temperature and gas usage.🆒

Our developers will love this feedback, Gary - keep it coming! Anyone else have any suggestions for how we could use your smart meter data?

Tim
Userlevel 2
That's great to hear, I'll keep a look out!

I'm interested in making the current live usage more accessible - the page on the website is great but means physically going to look at it, so I'd like to have the current usage readily available on something such as my phone.

I think it would also be interesting to look at the historic usage on other ways such as day of the week and cross reference with freely available weather history to see if there are correlations temperature and gas usage.🆒
Userlevel 7
Hi Ovo, I wondered whether the API that powers your live and historical usage page in the account menu is something you could look into opening up a bit so we can freely access our raw data and also perhaps it may stimulate some interesting community projects?

Great question, Gary, and thanks for sharing it with us!

We definitely agree that an open API (application program interface, for those not in the know), for our customers to access their smart meter data, is a brilliant idea. This is something we have thought about, and plan on making available in the future, so watch this space!

The possibilities for community projects are endless and we'd love to see some of the ideas that you OVO Forum users have - fire away in the comments sections below! ;)

Tim

Updated on 12/07/2019