Solved

Can I opt for an OVO plan if I'm an SSE customer and have an SSE account?

• 2 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Can I opt for a tariff that is shownon OVO website if I am a SSE customer and have an SSE account?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 2 September 2021, 16:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Updated on 02/05/22 by Jess_OVO

Hi @JCARN it’s great to hear from you and we like this question. 

You might have already heard that over time, all SSE Energy customers will be moving to OVO Energy. We’ve made FAQs on this here. To make this as smooth as possible, we’re looking to move everyone across gradually. We’ll provide updates every step of the way. The move won’t interrupt supply, or affect prices.

If you haven’t heard from us yet, it means you’re staying with SSE for the foreseeable. So it’s important to choose the right plan for you, with SSE, OVO Energy or anyone else for that matter! If you choose an OVO plan, you’ll need to do this via our Quote page, and switch over to OVO in a few weeks.

Please be aware that if you’re in a fixed plan, you may get early termination fees for leaving this contract, so make sure to check that before choosing a different plan. This SSE page might help with that. 

If you have been contacted from OVO about joining, the prices you are currently paying will stay the same when you move to OVO. If you’re on a fixed tariff they’ll stay the same for the rest of your contract. If you’re on a variable tariff, your prices may go up or down in line with the Ofgem Price Cap changes which happen twice a year (April and October). We’ll always let you know in advance if your prices need to change.

If you were on a fixed tariff with SSE your tariff (we call this an energy "plan") name will stay the same - 1 Year Fix V2, 2 Year Fix V2 or Online Smart Saver. If you're on a variable contract, your plan name will be "Simpler Energy" when you move to OVO.

See our full list of FAQs here.