Solved

Why didn't my balance update when I entered my meter readings via my online account?

• 15 May 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi hope you can help I joined ovo since feb and all going well, I’ve been sending my meter readings in monthly but this month I have been doing it weekly to make sure I’m on track, and I like the way my balance is updated straight away. This morning I gave my meter readings and although it is logged in readings my balance has not changed or updated the weeks usage in billing, is this normal? Been checking every hour but still no change , thanks

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 16 May 2022, 13:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Jrushy !

I think @Jess_OVO is already on the case for another member who’s seeing a similar issue. I’ll ask her to stop by.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Great to hear you’ve been enjoying the live-billing aspect of your online account@Jrushy.

As you mention you’ve been entering manual meter readings, we’d usually expect the balance to update within 20 minutes, although sometimes it can take slightly longer.

If it’s been over 24 hours since you entered the reading and you’re still not seeing this reflected in your balance we’d recommend contacting our Support Team who can double-check everything’s working as it should be.

I hope this information helps, do let us know if you’ve got any more questions about getting the most out of your online account.

Userlevel 1

Hi all thanks checked this morning at 6:30 am all updated thanks for replying tho 😀

I submitted my gas + electric  readings on the correct date. Viewed my bill the following day and payed the amount owed. Viewed my account which was then two days later i had submitted my readings and my account is now still showing Balance debit £16.36. Would anyone know why

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @OLLYaldred , we’ve seen that if you don’t have a smart meter, it’s best to submit your readings on the morning after the end of your billing period (and often the day after suggested).

That then mimics the smart meter which sends readings early morning just after midnight. Otherwise it’s quite possible that they’ve estimated your readings for the time after you submitted