Pinned Solved

Moving into a new property - how do I get access to My OVO?

• Savvy**
  • 2 replies

Hi, I spoke to someone on the phone two days ago and set up a direct debit and chose a pay monthly option for my new home. I was told I would receive a confirmation email to set up my account online and review what I signed up but I still haven't got this and it's been two days. Please could you tell me when you will send the confirmation email so I can set up an account online? I want to do this before my direct debit comes out so I can check it's all accurate and give most up to date meter readings. Thank you
icon

Best answer by Max_OVO 7 July 2017, 16:51

Holly wrote:

Hi, I spoke to someone on the phone two days ago and set up a direct debit and chose a pay monthly option for my new home. I was told I would receive a confirmation email to set up my account online and review what I signed up but I still haven't got this and it's been two days. Please could you tell me when you will send the confirmation email so I can set up an account online? I want to do this before my direct debit comes out so I can check it's all accurate and give most up to date meter readings. Thank you

Hi @Holly,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the forum.

I've changed the title of this topic and added some tags, to make it easier for other users to find.

If you've moved into a property we already supply and contacted us to set up an account, it normally takes around 5 working days for this to be done and the welcome email/letter sent.

If you haven't received an email by next Wednesday or need it sooner, please send a PM to
@Lucy_OVO or @Tim_OVO with your name, full address and date of birth.

For customers who have moved into a property that isn't supplied by OVO, that want to be with us, you can initiate a switch here: http://ovoener.gy/Quote. The switch process will take 4-6 weeks to complete.

Once done, you'll be given a new account number and a new OVO ID. Please use these new bits of info to log into your My OVO account.

Max

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Holly wrote:

Hi @Holly,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the forum.

I've changed the title of this topic and added some tags, to make it easier for other users to find.

If you've moved into a property we already supply and contacted us to set up an account, it normally takes around 5 working days for this to be done and the welcome email/letter sent.

If you haven't received an email by next Wednesday or need it sooner, please send a PM to
@Lucy_OVO or @Tim_OVO with your name, full address and date of birth.

For customers who have moved into a property that isn't supplied by OVO, that want to be with us, you can initiate a switch here: http://ovoener.gy/Quote. The switch process will take 4-6 weeks to complete.

Once done, you'll be given a new account number and a new OVO ID. Please use these new bits of info to log into your My OVO account.

Max
Thank you Max, I have received it now. Thanks for your reply.
Holly
Hello I just moved in to house supplied by OVO what should I do now? I dont have card or anything left by previous owners
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @michal.tonia1

It sounds like you've got prepayment meters which means you'd be on supply with Boost. Don't worry, they've got their own Forum set up too - https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/.

If you need to top up and you have no key/card - give the Boost team a call on 0800 408 4722.

Thanks,
Emma
I'm moving home and taking OVO with me .. however I cannot access the MY OVO portal with the OVO ID for my new property (OVO ID for old property still works fine) .. I'm unable to set a new password as it requires email address ...whichj is linked to the old account I think ..... will a password be posted to me ? .. how do I get around this ?

thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I've moved your comment over here @dixon_mat as I'm hoping you find the 'Best Answer' above useful.

Lucy
I've been a OVO Energy customer for a few years and moved house recently. I opted the 'Move House' on the OVO online site and successfully got my address updated to the new one.
However when I try to give my meter reading , I can't as only my old account number is associated with my OVO id / login and I get a message saying 'We have stopped supplying electricity'/
The account number displayed is the old one.
I sent a mail to Hello@OVO.com and got a reply from Charlie asking me to clear the browser cache and try again but use my OVO id to login instead of email. He suggested I try the OVO forum if that doesn't work. It didn't so hear I am - at your mercy!
Cheers
Vivek
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hoping you find the second part of @Max_OVO response helpful @Vivek as I think all that needs to happen is for you to use your new OVO ID, not your old one. This should bring up your new account.

If the error keeps occurring, The Customer Care team can remove your email address from your old account and this should resolve the issue. :)
@Lucy_OVO
Hi Lucy,
No, I didn't find the second part of @Max_OVO useful.
Use my new OVO id? I haven't been given any new OVO ID, I made a switch from old house which was on OVO to a new house and wanted to 'carry ' my OVO connection. I assumed the Old OVO id will remain. It's more than 6 weeks since I moved home.

Regards
Vivek
Userlevel 3
Badge
HI @Vivek,

If it's a new account, you'll actually have a new Customer ID for this too. If you don't know what it is, you should be able to find it on any emails or letters from us.

Nancy

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close