Solved

Trying to accept new quote (moving house next week) and it won't let me enter a moving date after today?

• 18 August 2018
  • 4 replies

My existing account has accepted the moving day but new account wants moving date & meter readings with todays date!?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 August 2018, 15:54

Thanks for getting involved on the forum @Ian Mc

I wanted to ask a few more questions before I can point you in the right direction - and offer you the best advice!

Firstly, I wanted to check if you're still financially liable for the first property, or whether you've now moved in to your new home?

Secondly, I wanted to check if the new property is already being supplied by OVO? If it's not, are you signing back up to us using the Quote and Switch page or the Home move page?
View original

4 replies

Thanks for getting involved on the forum @Ian Mc

I wanted to ask a few more questions before I can point you in the right direction - and offer you the best advice!

Firstly, I wanted to check if you're still financially liable for the first property, or whether you've now moved in to your new home?

Secondly, I wanted to check if the new property is already being supplied by OVO? If it's not, are you signing back up to us using the Quote and Switch page or the Home move page?
Hi Emily. Just had another go and think I've done it. I went from moving house button where it says 'home move is complete with correct closing date shown. Then clicked through get a quote stages whichwere still mostly populated from previous attempts. This time it didnt ask me moving date but just went through and confirmed new account saying takeover account at new address from 10th Sept and old supplier (I think that is ovo too) will bill us for the overlap up to that date. Does this all sound correct?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Ian Mc - yes that sounds right. Sounds like you've submitted your move out date for your current property and started the switching process for the new property.

It's important we confirm you're financially liable for the new property, though. If you are (you've completed on a purchase or signed the tenancy agreement) you're good to go. If not, we might need to cancel this as it could have an impact on the current occupant/owner's account with their current supplier.

Thanks
Hi Nancy. Thanks. We have excanged contracts and will complete on Friday for the purchase of the new house. Please don't cancel anything!