Solved

My tenants have moved, what do I do next?

• 13 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi,
My tenant has left the property. Currently, it is vacated - i.e. no tenant. They were with Ovo previously. What can I do now?
icon

Best answer by Mw2870 13 November 2017, 21:44

Hi there.

You will need to call OVO and provide them with the meter readings from the day the tenants moved out. They will then set an account up in your name and you will be responsible for usage until the next set of tenants move in. You are free to stay with OVO or transfer to another company.

Pay monthly customers
0330 303 5063

Monday to Thursday 8am - 8pm
Friday 8am - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 2p
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi there.

You will need to call OVO and provide them with the meter readings from the day the tenants moved out. They will then set an account up in your name and you will be responsible for usage until the next set of tenants move in. You are free to stay with OVO or transfer to another company.

Pay monthly customers
0330 303 5063

Monday to Thursday 8am - 8pm
Friday 8am - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 2p
I have recently sold a property following a tenant eviction. There is no electricity at the flat and I need to carry out a boiler service. It would appear there is a meter at the property, how do I get electricity to the flat. The previous tenant is not living at the property?
Userlevel 5
Take a look at the best answer for more info, @DSF.

If your home has prepayment meters, you'll need to call the Boost team on 0330 102 7517. You can check out the Boost forum here.
Hello OVO, my property has been vacated by the tenants on 01/06/19 and I am now having work done on the house (so no directly new tenants). How do I switch the payments now to myself and can you make sure the tenant has paid their outstanding amounts please? It would be good to talk on the phone - [edited by moderator]. Thanks, Ruth
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @100074082 - I've moved your post onto this topic which should explain what you need to do. I've also edited your phone number out of your post as this is a public forum.