Pinned Solved

My new home has Pay as you go meters, but I'm Pay Monthly - what should I do?

• 19 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi. I am on a pay monthly plan at my current adress but i am about to move into a house with a pay as you go meter supplied by scottish power. I want to stay with ovo on a pay monthly contract.
how do i get rid of the pre payment meter?

Thanks in Advance
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 December 2017, 16:39

Hi. I am on a pay monthly plan at my current adress but i am about to move into a house with a pay as you go meter supplied by scottish power. I want to stay with ovo on a pay monthly contract.

Thanks in Advance

Good question, @JONNYSEALE

Once you've moved in, you'll need to contact Scottish Power and let them know you're the new occupier and that you'd like to exchange your Pay as you go meter for a Pay monthly meter.

There can be a charge for this meter exchange - but if they're able to install a smart meter (free of charge), they should be able to put this in a Pay monthly mode at no extra cost.

Once this has been done for you, you'll be able to switch back to OVO on a Pay monthly plan. You'll just need to go through the quote and switch process again: https://switch.ovoenergy.com/get-quote

Hope this helps,
Emily
View original

1 reply

Thanks in Advance

Good question, @JONNYSEALE

Once you've moved in, you'll need to contact Scottish Power and let them know you're the new occupier and that you'd like to exchange your Pay as you go meter for a Pay monthly meter.

There can be a charge for this meter exchange - but if they're able to install a smart meter (free of charge), they should be able to put this in a Pay monthly mode at no extra cost.

Once this has been done for you, you'll be able to switch back to OVO on a Pay monthly plan. You'll just need to go through the quote and switch process again: https://switch.ovoenergy.com/get-quote

Hope this helps,
Emily