Solved

Moving into new house, how do I set up my account?

• 24 December 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi, I have just moved into a property which you supply. I want to submit my readings and fix my bills but the suggested price is £129 a month. This seems very high as there is only myself in the property. Is this just an estimate that will change once I submit my meter readings?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 31 December 2018, 14:17

Hi @Ashleigh65 - Your Direct Debit suggestion will be based on previous average consumption at the property. If your usage ends up much less than this, then your payments can absolutely be amended to reflect this. Be sure to submit monthly meter readings so we can get an accurate idea of your usage.

To begin with, we can set you up with a more general Direct Debit amount if you'd like to agree to a fixed tariff. The customer services team will be able to help you with this if you give them a ring on 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

It's worth mentioning that most of our tariffs are fixed price, meaning the amount you pay per KWh will stay the same. Your Direct Debit amount is a projection of what we think you'll spend per month based on these prices and your average consumption.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Ashleigh65 - Your Direct Debit suggestion will be based on previous average consumption at the property. If your usage ends up much less than this, then your payments can absolutely be amended to reflect this. Be sure to submit monthly meter readings so we can get an accurate idea of your usage.

To begin with, we can set you up with a more general Direct Debit amount if you'd like to agree to a fixed tariff. The customer services team will be able to help you with this if you give them a ring on 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

It's worth mentioning that most of our tariffs are fixed price, meaning the amount you pay per KWh will stay the same. Your Direct Debit amount is a projection of what we think you'll spend per month based on these prices and your average consumption.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
I just signed up with OVO since my current tariff with another provider just ran out and I wanted to take advantage of a lower tariff rate. I'm malso in the process of buying a new house nearby which I believe OVO do supply. I hope to have the keys at some point next month (June) but now I'm not sure what to do about my account? Do I close the one I just set up at my old address and just open up a new account for the new address? The problem is I'm not sure of the exact date that we'll echange contracts, so I'm not sure it makes sense to sign up yet? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Userlevel 4
Hey @leedsg12,

When you move into your new home, you'll need to get the account set up with us - this can be done online here. You won't be able to do this before your move in date.

It's completely up to you whether you want to carry on with your new account in your old home, when you do move out you won't be charged exit fees.

Good luck with the move! 🙂
we have just bought our first home, the previous homeowner was with yourselves, we need to know our montly cost or if we want to choose someone else
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @tommyswain - I've moved your topic over here where you can find more info about how to get an account set up with us.
Hey @leedsg12,

When you move into your new home, you'll need to get the account set up with us - this can be done online here. You won't be able to do this before your move in date.

It's completely up to you whether you want to carry on with your new account in your old home, when you do move out you won't be charged exit fees.

Good luck with the move! :)

Hi Nancy,

When we move home am I able to continue with the same tariff? Because when I try to get a new quote for the new address I don't see the same offer. How does this work?

Thanks
Userlevel 3
I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to, @leedsg12.

The likelihood of the new property being supplied by us is very slim, this would mean that you would lose 3-4 weeks of the plan you're currently on. Rates also vary based on region and we pride ourselves on transparency ensuring all customers are give the same rates.

Thanks!
Hi Amy,

I don't think I fully understand your message. But I feel I've been mislead in the advice I received from Nancy. She said it was easy to switch but made no mention that I couldn't keep the same tariff rate. If I had known that I couldn't get the same deal (which was the reason I switched in the first place) then I would've cancelled my account within the 14 day cool off period. The OVO quotes for my new residence are well over £100 more annually compared to the rest of the market. So if I want to go with one of them now you'll probably charge me the £60 exit fee. I hope this is not the case given I asked my original question during the 14 day period and I feel like some information was withheld. Now I'm not sure what to do as I move into my new place by the end of the week. What do you recommend at this point?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @leedsg12 - I'm sorry you feel you've been misled. That certainly wasn't my intention. My lengthy reply above was in response to another user's query, so the information may not have been the best answer for your own question.

If you move home, the account at the property you leave is closed and you leave that one behind. If you then want to switch your new home to OVO, this would create a new account for you, and you'd be offered up to date prices on our current tariffs. It's not possible to carry a tariff over to a different property. The account is "stuck" with the address, if that makes sense.

Hope this helps

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings