Solved

Moved into property OVO supplies with a smart meter - how do I set up my account?

Hello , I have just moved into a property supplied by OVO with a smart meter installed.
I have registered online with the moving home option and selected Simpler energy monthly tarrif.

I have registered my details online however it doesn't show me any option to view my smart meter online. I would like to find out details of my smart meter usages online to see what we are spending and if its correct. Also, if we spend less on the smart meter, will this be deducted by the monthly tarrif, or will it show as credit?

Thanks .
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 2 August 2018, 12:59

Hey @jassoi,

Thought I'd jump in here to offer some help. Have you received a "welcome email" from us confirming your account's been set up? If not, something may have gone wrong in the process of setting up. If this is the case, I'd advise giving the team a ring on 0330 303 5063 so they can sort it out for you.

If you've had the welcome email, then you should be able to log into your online account here. If its your first time doing so, click "first time logging in" to set up a password.

If you spend less than your Direct Debit amount, the remainder will sit in your account as a credit balance. If this builds up over time, you can reduce your Direct Debit or claim a refund.

Let me know how you get on!

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @jassoi,

Thought I'd jump in here to offer some help. Have you received a "welcome email" from us confirming your account's been set up? If not, something may have gone wrong in the process of setting up. If this is the case, I'd advise giving the team a ring on 0330 303 5063 so they can sort it out for you.

If you've had the welcome email, then you should be able to log into your online account here. If its your first time doing so, click "first time logging in" to set up a password.

If you spend less than your Direct Debit amount, the remainder will sit in your account as a credit balance. If this builds up over time, you can reduce your Direct Debit or claim a refund.

Let me know how you get on!
Hello,I just moved in a new property that is supplied by ovo.I created a new account yesterday and choosed a tariff using the "im moving in" option.I also downloaded the ovo app but when i log in it says that my switch is in progress,but when i click "track my switch" on the app it shows that im already provided with energy by ovo on the website.Also i don't have any options on the website besides seeing my tariff.I'm just wondering if everything is fine with my account because it's my first time with ovo and energy providers overall,I'm basically clueless when it comes to smart meters as well :)
Thank you
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Good morning @karli1415

Welcome to the OVO Family! Ok, so by the sounds of it your account might still be in progress. it appears you are new to OVO, so I would say this is the reason to why you can only see little information. Give it a few days and I am sure all will be ok. But if you are worried, I would recommend calling the great OVO team 0330 303 5063. In regards to Smart meters, how can I help you with this? What are you unsure about? We do have loads of topics in regards to Smart meters on the forum.

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/understanding-your-smart-meter-65

I hope that helps.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @karli1415 - I've just moved your query over to an existing topic on moving in :D
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close