Solved

Moved into OVO supplied property but why can't I register for an account?

• 3 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello, I have moved into an ovo supplied property and each time I try to use the "moving in" facility online it says "whoops there's a problem"
Can anybody tell me what to do, I need to give new meter reads. It all seems rather confusing on their website I might just switch to another energy company.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Transparent 4 April 2018, 13:40

Hi @rossi46,

Your first Forum posting! Welcome! :8

I'm a fellow customer, as are most here, but I might be able to help.

Does the website registration problem manifest itself right from the start, or once you've entered your details?

Assuming you've actually taken the meter readings on arrival, you can always supply them by the more manual strategy of emailing them to hello@ovoenergy.com together with your postal address. At least that creates a written record with a time/date stamp whilst the online registration gets sorted.

Please post back here to let us know how things progress.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @rossi46,

Your first Forum posting! Welcome! :8

I'm a fellow customer, as are most here, but I might be able to help.

Does the website registration problem manifest itself right from the start, or once you've entered your details?

Assuming you've actually taken the meter readings on arrival, you can always supply them by the more manual strategy of emailing them to hello@ovoenergy.com together with your postal address. At least that creates a written record with a time/date stamp whilst the online registration gets sorted.

Please post back here to let us know how things progress.
Hi, thanks for the reply. When I put the address in online it then says whoops there seems to be a problem.
I will drop them an email to the address provided by you, hopefully that get's it sorted!

Thanks again, I will post back to let you know how it goes 🙂
Hi,

I moved in to a new rented house, didnt receive anything from OVO until a late bill for what looks like a couple months utilities with only details for the collections phone line. All good, now I know who we are with I've paid it over the phone through the automatic lady.

I'd like to log in to my account and update the meter readings and set up a direct debit and stuff...but I cant see any way to make a new account on the website. The letter we received said they dont know our details and we dont have a payment plan but there is nothing about how I would go about setting one up which would make my life a lot easier given that my housemate and I work away for months on end and will almost definitely not see paper bills for weeks

(Im assuming we are with OVO for gas and electric but no idea how to find out if Im honest either)

Our bill references a letter they sent but either it didnt arrive or it was in the old tenants name.

Any ideas? Do OVO have a contact number we can call to get this set up?
I have just moved into a property that had OVO as the supplier of gas and electricity. We have been sent a final bill but there is no means of payment other than creating an account online. I don't want to do this, I am not a customer as such its a final bill, I want to make a bank payment and send the money over for the final bill and have done with it. I cant even find an email address on here to contact anyone by email. I cannot sit on the phone for hours and then speak to a call centre who will likely tell me to create an account. Is there anyone that has an email address or that has the BACS details for OVO so I can get my bill paid????
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I'd like to log in to my account and update the meter readings and set up a direct debit and stuff...but I cant see any way to make a new account on the website.

Still not been able to log into MyOVO, @Gazmus ?

Have a look above, and maybe @rossi46 can advise..

We should have a MyOVO account for you - log in using the OVO ID shown in the bill we sent

Same deal with you @staxonoby - log in to your MyOVO account using the OVO ID on the final statement to pay the final bill, or just call us to do this: 0330 303 5063

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings