Solved

I'm on the EV Everywhere tariff, but temporarily moving out - can I keep my free Polar Plus membership?

• 29 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi. We have an EV Everywhere contract with a year to run. We're about to go travelling and someone else will be living in our house. Is it possible for us to change the direct debit over to them so that they continue paying for the supply and we continue to benefit from the free Polar card for the electric car?
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 1 November 2018, 11:22

@sab478, @Nancy_OVO isn't here at the moment - but I can help with this.

The new occupier will need to get a new account set up in their name, they wouldn't be able to just change your Direct Debit details. They can do this here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/moving-home.

This means we'll need to close your account - so your Polar Plus membership will roll onto a paid membership. This would cost £7.85 a month, if you didn't want to pay - you'll just need to contact Polar to cancel your membership.

Eva
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @sab478

It may be easier and less hassle if you just bill the people who are living your house and for them to pay you directly? Or are you renting your house out to someone you do not know?

Thanks
Matt
We could do that, but I'd prefer the direct debit to go from their account if it's possible. I think that would be less hassle for me.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I think as long as the bill is being paid for. This should not effect your EV everywhere Polar membership. Theoretically, Polar is not related to OVO in anyway so you should be fine.

I am sure the Beautiful @Nancy_OVO should be able to provide you 100% answer.
@Nancy_OVO, as suggested above, are you able to answer this question please? Ideally I'd also like to change the direct debit date. Is that possible? Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 5
@sab478, @Nancy_OVO isn't here at the moment - but I can help with this.

The new occupier will need to get a new account set up in their name, they wouldn't be able to just change your Direct Debit details. They can do this here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/moving-home.

This means we'll need to close your account - so your Polar Plus membership will roll onto a paid membership. This would cost £7.85 a month, if you didn't want to pay - you'll just need to contact Polar to cancel your membership.

Eva
OK, that's a shame, but thanks for letting me know.