Solved

I'm not a customer so why have I received a bill?

• 12 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have today received a bill for £1185.02 from OVO addressed to 'the occupier' I never have nor do I ever want to be a customer of OVO energy, I am a tenant in a rented property of Difrent housing I have been a tenant since december 2017, please explain how you seem to think I owe you any money
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 20 March 2019, 12:54

Hi @dave798,

It sounds like we're supplying this property. If you're the current tenant, then you'd be responsible for gas and electricity costs while you're living there (unless arranged otherwise with a landlord or Housing Association).

I'd urge you to speak to the team about this so they can get an account set up in your name if necessary. You can reach them on 0330 303 5063 between 8am and 6pm on weekdays. The current wait time is just under 5 minutes.

Thanks,
Nancy
View original

2 replies

tried ringing multiple times but nobody ever answers have sent emails promising a reply, would really like to discuss this matter urgently as it seems you have some kind of admin error and i need this putting right asap
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @dave798,

It sounds like we're supplying this property. If you're the current tenant, then you'd be responsible for gas and electricity costs while you're living there (unless arranged otherwise with a landlord or Housing Association).

I'd urge you to speak to the team about this so they can get an account set up in your name if necessary. You can reach them on 0330 303 5063 between 8am and 6pm on weekdays. The current wait time is just under 5 minutes.

Thanks,
Nancy