Solved

I'm moving out when should I submit my final readings?

• 20 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m moving home in a month and won’t be responsible for utilities anymore, therefore I’m closing my OVO account. I’m required to submit final meter readings but it is unclear when -Should I submit my meter readings today or on the day I move out?

Also, how long after I move out/close my OVO account can I cancel my direct debit?

Many thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 21 November 2019, 12:10

Hey @Chiara,

I’m guessing you've filled in the home move form on our website/app, this will let us know the date we need to close your account. You’ll need to submit your readings on the day you move out - if you’ve got smart meters we’ll get them automatically.

If you’ve got a positive balance on your account and you’ve received regular monthly statements, you can cancel your Direct Debit when you move out just contact the bank.

We’ll generate your final statement 48 hours after your move out if your account is in credit, we’ll process a refund 7 days later. 

There’s loads of information about this here

Don’t forget if you want to sign up to us in your new home you can get a quote here

Good luck with the move! :blush:

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @Chiara,

I’m guessing you've filled in the home move form on our website/app, this will let us know the date we need to close your account. You’ll need to submit your readings on the day you move out - if you’ve got smart meters we’ll get them automatically.

If you’ve got a positive balance on your account and you’ve received regular monthly statements, you can cancel your Direct Debit when you move out just contact the bank.

We’ll generate your final statement 48 hours after your move out if your account is in credit, we’ll process a refund 7 days later. 

There’s loads of information about this here

Don’t forget if you want to sign up to us in your new home you can get a quote here

Good luck with the move! :blush: