I’m moving house - why can’t I take my OVO account with me to the new place?

• 15 January 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Nanna jue - I've moved your post onto this thread. You should find the information you need here!
HI - I'm stuck in a loop trying to tell Ovo that I'm moving house. The FAQs send me to MyOvo, but there's nothing in there telling you how to do it.

Please could someone tell me where it is?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Take a look at the best answer for more info on this, @albeau. There's a Moving Home tab on My OVO - you can use this to let us know you're moving out.
I am 3 months into a 1 year fixed contract, I am due to move into my brothers place leaving the rented property vacant at the end of August, will I have to pay a penalty for leaving mid contract? Also how long does it take for my account to close and the money already in my account refunded to me? Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @Stuartw,

You won't incur any exit fees, if you are moving out of the property, you can find all the info you need here.

Let our team know the date you're leaving the property and the readings on the day you leave, this will ensure your final statement is accurate. Your final statement will be issued within 48 hours of this and your subsequent refund will follow within 10 working days.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 30 5063.

Hope this helps!