I’m moving house - why can’t I take my OVO account with me to the new place?

• 15 January 2018
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi @Nanna jue - I've moved your post onto this thread. You should find the information you need here!
HI - I'm stuck in a loop trying to tell Ovo that I'm moving house. The FAQs send me to MyOvo, but there's nothing in there telling you how to do it.

Please could someone tell me where it is?

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Take a look at the best answer for more info on this, @albeau. There's a Moving Home tab on My OVO - you can use this to let us know you're moving out.
I am 3 months into a 1 year fixed contract, I am due to move into my brothers place leaving the rented property vacant at the end of August, will I have to pay a penalty for leaving mid contract? Also how long does it take for my account to close and the money already in my account refunded to me? Thanks
Userlevel 6

Hey @Stuartw,

You won't incur any exit fees, if you are moving out of the property, you can find all the info you need here.

Let our team know the date you're leaving the property and the readings on the day you leave, this will ensure your final statement is accurate. Your final statement will be issued within 48 hours of this and your subsequent refund will follow within 10 working days.

You can send us a message on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat, or give them a call, you can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 30 5063.

Hope this helps!

Moved to Scottish Power after house purchase via Uswitch. I am paying for energy to Scottish power but my wife keeps getting direct debit request from OVO.  Calling OVO is a waste of time as waiting time is never ending. Called many times  waited almost half an hour and gave up.  Don't know how to communicate this to OVO that we are not their customer anymore. I have some outstanding amount that I owe for around a month to OVO during the switch that I owe to OVO and would like to settle this.  Anyone has any advice?

Userlevel 4

Hey @Bhundle, welcome to the forum!

If you were with us in your old home you’ll need to close your old account, this can be done by filling in this form.

We’ve been quite quiet all week wait times have rarely exceeded 5 minutes. Please ensure you’re calling the right number, the one you need is 0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. We’re on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!

Thanks,

Ed

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Erm… I’m a little surprised that the switch to Scottish Power is proceeding if there’s a remaining debt on the old OVO account, @Bhundle. This is one of the factors which usually stops your progress to the New Supplier.

If you’re receiving DD requests then I assume this is because you stopped the DD Mandate at your bank. Somehow you need to make a one-off payment to OVO in order to allow the switch to go unhindered.

You would normally do this by clicking the One-Off Payment option on your MyOVO page.

All aspects of a switch are handled solely by the Receiving Supplier. The Relinquishing Supplier (OVO in this case) receives Notifications from ECOES and Xoserve, who are the National Databases for electricity and gas meters respectively.