Solved

Energy providers in Australia

• 26 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Using the forum for the first time, not sure where am I going? So recently my family has been thinking about moving in to a new city in Australia. We used to live in Perth and most of my family lives in Melbourne so ultimately we are the only one living in Perth. Hence, we have been convinced to make a move to Melbourne. Now the problem we are facing is that, we have no idea about connecting solar panels to the new location, nor we are familiar with the providers. Recently, I came across an online website which helps to compare solar energy providers in Melbourne it is named CheapBills. I want to know if it is authenticate and we can rely on them? Do they have any proven record. Though I have seen few good reviews about them.
icon

Best answer by scottsen11 1 November 2019, 12:10

Here are the top energy companies in Australia for 2019:

• Diamond Energy.
  • Powershop.
  • EnergyAustralia.
  • AGL.
  • Origin Energy.
  • Click Energy.
  • Alinta Energy.
  • Simply Energy.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Jenesahill

Although I am unable to answer that question. Best thing to do would be to Google them. Alternatively OVO provide tariffs for Solar panel home owners. Might be best looking into OVO instead?
I have Google them and found reviews about them. However, I was looking for a direct response over my concerns. Rest I haven't heard much about OVO energy. As for now I was looking for multiple provider's quotations but upon your recommendation I am going to overview OVO energy for their services and charges.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Jenesahill

i would recommend OVO as they are focussing really hard on renewable energy. They recently released V2G home charger, battery storage and more! I would highly recommend OVO all the time

They're only available in the UK though - not overseas in Australia just yet!
EME is a great government website you can compare your latest electricity/gas usage bill against all the other retailers in your area.
I used to be with Origin, I found Red Energy were much cheaper for our circumstances. I rang Origin & told them that, the retention person was real pushy & tried to get me to agree that Origin was cheaper... I ended up switching to Red Energy & since I've had about 3 calls from Origin trying to get me back with a slightly better offer but considering how their retention person treated me I don't think I'll ever go back.
I think you're going to have to play hardball & move unless you get a real nice retention person
hi
??
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @smithclarkson01 and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the handy info, @Jenesahill, have you made the move and found a supplier?

Here is the website as mentioned by @smithclarkson01 here.

OVO are looking to launch in Australia later this year, no other details at the moment, but keep a look out for a new contender in the market over there!

Hope this helps!

Here are the top energy companies in Australia for 2019:

• Diamond Energy.
  • Powershop.
  • EnergyAustralia.
  • AGL.
  • Origin Energy.
  • Click Energy.
  • Alinta Energy.
  • Simply Energy.