Solved

Can OVO fit an economy 7 3-phase meter? How much?

• 4 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am moving from single phase to a 3 phase supply.

I currently have a single phase  economy 7 meter

DNO work has already been done . 3 phase supply in new location. (single phase left connected in original location)

My current supplier, although initially agreeing to fit a 3 phase meter is currently unable to do so as they use 3rd party engineers who are all currently furloughed. They have suggested a move if I need the work done quickly.

So my questions to you. If I move to ovoenergy….

Can you fit an economy 7   3 phase meter?

Supply is standard 3 * 100 amp input

If so how much?

If so when could you do it?

what tariffs woud be available?

I would need some concrete data as I don’t want to switch supplier again, only to find the job can’t be done.

I’ve seen all the details about 3 phase smart meters, I current do not need a smart meter

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 4 January 2021, 14:36

Welcome @mks56,

There’s some good questions here, but I think I can answer these for you. It also sounds like some of the work has already been done, which may well make such an upgrade a little bit easier.

As far as I’m aware, no supplier is able to fit SMETS2 Three-Phase Smart Meters, so if you did get an upgrade, it would have to be non-smart for the time being. However, a non-smart Economy 7 Three-Phase meter might be possible as it is listed under the On-site Jobs that OVO can do (job cost of £325). You can find details about that and the prices over at 

If you were to switch to OVO, you should be able to get access to the same tariffs with a Three-Phase Economy 7 meter as any other customer with a Single-Phase Economy 7 meter. I can’t give you a quote unfortunately, since it would need to be calculated specifically for you. I would recommend going for the Better Energy tariff as it’s the cheapest one OVO offers that doesn’t commit you to a smart meter. You can get this tariff with Economy 7 as well if you’d like to.

As for how long it might take, that’s a good question. If I ignore the time required for the entire switching process to go through (14 days to come on-supply with OVO and up to 6-8 weeks to completely finish the entire process), you should be able to book an appointment for a time and date that would work for you.

If you’d like to go ahead, I’d recommend having a chat with the Support Team by phone and that should give you a chance to double check everything before making a decision.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome @mks56,

There’s some good questions here, but I think I can answer these for you. It also sounds like some of the work has already been done, which may well make such an upgrade a little bit easier.

As far as I’m aware, no supplier is able to fit SMETS2 Three-Phase Smart Meters, so if you did get an upgrade, it would have to be non-smart for the time being. However, a non-smart Economy 7 Three-Phase meter might be possible as it is listed under the On-site Jobs that OVO can do (job cost of £325). You can find details about that and the prices over at 

If you were to switch to OVO, you should be able to get access to the same tariffs with a Three-Phase Economy 7 meter as any other customer with a Single-Phase Economy 7 meter. I can’t give you a quote unfortunately, since it would need to be calculated specifically for you. I would recommend going for the Better Energy tariff as it’s the cheapest one OVO offers that doesn’t commit you to a smart meter. You can get this tariff with Economy 7 as well if you’d like to.

As for how long it might take, that’s a good question. If I ignore the time required for the entire switching process to go through (14 days to come on-supply with OVO and up to 6-8 weeks to completely finish the entire process), you should be able to book an appointment for a time and date that would work for you.

If you’d like to go ahead, I’d recommend having a chat with the Support Team by phone and that should give you a chance to double check everything before making a decision.