Solved

Can I use my economy 10 meter on a new economy 7 tariff?

• 26 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’m thinking of switching to an Economy 7 tariff with Ovo and currently have an Economy 10 dual meter.

Do I need to have a new meter installed (at my expense?) or would I be able to continue to use the current one?

(I would have phoned Ovo to ask, but damned if I can find a number anywhere on their website!).

Many thanks,

Richard 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 27 October 2020, 13:06

Good post this, @galatine 

In short: yes. You can think of your economy 10 meter as a two rate meter, that will fit with our two rate tariff. The only difference is you have more off peak and at different times to Economy 7. You can select an economy 7 tariff in the ‘Refine your quote’ section of our Quote page

However we won’t install a new Economy 10 meter. When that meter needs to be replaced, we’ll fit a smart meter (for free) which you can choose to have as Economy 7 or a single rate. 

You can get a free smart meter appointment now if we have an engineer in your area, check here

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Good post this, @galatine 

In short: yes. You can think of your economy 10 meter as a two rate meter, that will fit with our two rate tariff. The only difference is you have more off peak and at different times to Economy 7. You can select an economy 7 tariff in the ‘Refine your quote’ section of our Quote page

However we won’t install a new Economy 10 meter. When that meter needs to be replaced, we’ll fit a smart meter (for free) which you can choose to have as Economy 7 or a single rate. 

You can get a free smart meter appointment now if we have an engineer in your area, check here