Solved

Why can I no longer submit my meter readings online?

• 16 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I have been with OVO for a few months now and have been submitting meter readings online. I have a smart meter installed by Scottish Southern however its not compatible.

I have tried to submit my readings today but the option to do so has gone and my account now states that I opted for my readings to come form my smart meter. Confused !!!

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 18 May 2020, 16:14

Hi @KevinM09,

It sounds like we’ve been able to connect to your meter now.

All first generation smart meters are being added to the same universal platform that the second generation meters use, meaning we should be able to access your readings and use them for your bills.

My advise would be to check on your next bill - if it says ‘Reading’ next to the figure (rather than ‘Estimated Reading’) this would indicate we’ve retrieved it from your smart meter, and you won’t have to submit them any more/

Hope this helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Hi @KevinM09,

It sounds like we’ve been able to connect to your meter now.

All first generation smart meters are being added to the same universal platform that the second generation meters use, meaning we should be able to access your readings and use them for your bills.

My advise would be to check on your next bill - if it says ‘Reading’ next to the figure (rather than ‘Estimated Reading’) this would indicate we’ve retrieved it from your smart meter, and you won’t have to submit them any more/

Hope this helps!