How can I submit meter readings online?

• 25 February 2019
  • 15 replies

I have my meter readings but cannot see how to submit them
icon

Best answer by NinjaGeek 26 February 2019, 15:27

View original

15 replies

Me too. I've just been changed over from economy energy and had an email from OVO for readings but can't find anywhere in the OVO app to submit them.
Userlevel 7
Badge

Updated on 14/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Great work for taking your meter readings - if you haven’t got Smart Meters, you’ll need to check the readings and send them over to us monthly.

The easiest way to submit these is by logging in to your online account or downloading our app (available for Android and iOS).  The ‘Meter Readings’ menu option will allow you to enter today’s meter readings:

Exact appearance may vary

Having trouble submitting the readings online? Let our Support Team know, so we can get your readings logged and investigate any technical bugs. :bug:

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Tried everything.. all I get is a welcome message .
Userlevel 7
Badge
Best thing to do so you are not behind on providing the readings is to call OVO and also explain the issue you are experiencing on the website.
Will do , thanks
Hi thank you for your help, however, I have tried the section on the left (meter readings) and I have tried ringing them and was on the phone for ages and had to leave it. I cannot see me staying with ovo as the web site just wants me to get a smart meter. First impressions very poor.
Userlevel 5
Sorry to hear that, @ron.stretton. It sounds like there may be a technical issue affecting your account. Drop the team on Facebook a message with your account number, full name and DoB and they'll be able to look into this for you.
I've just joined OVO and been asked to give meter readings, but I can't see where I enter them....
Userlevel 6
Hello If you are submitting via the website. Log in via www.ovoenergy.com

Once logged in you should see a section on the left "meter readings"

From there you should be able to submit your meter readings.

Let me know how you get on. 😃

Check the answer above @JacD, that'll point you in the right direction.

How about a way to submit meter readings online that doesn’t always respond “Oops, there’s a problem… “.  Now that would be progress !

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @AErwood ,

Sorry but as an account specific issue, this isn’t a valid Idea. Please try https://ovoenergy.com/help for this one in the morning - the Support Team can help you out.

Userlevel 7

I’ve moved your topic over to an area dedicated to this account stuff, @AErwood. I’d be interested to know, does this error message show when you try and submit a reading across multiple dates? Or is it just today? Is the reading inline with previous? 

It has occurred over the last month.  Each time I click on submit after typing in the standard and off peak readings.  Our pattern of usage has not changed and the readings are correct for the date I am trying to enter.  I have jpeg photo files as evidence and jpeg files include the date and time in the header block of the file.

Userlevel 6

Which browser are you using?

Some browsers have changed their default security settings, which can then block some pages/parts of pages that you used to go to. The pages then give those ‘Oops….’ or similar messages because they are being blocked.

Usually just changing the browser security setting from ‘Strict’ to ‘Standard’ fixes it.

Userlevel 7

Does Nukecads advice help solve the issue @AErwood?