Solved

Do OVO fit traditional economy 7 meters? Looking to install storage heaters and I don't want a smart meter

• 16 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Looking to install storage heaters and want a traditional economy seven meter not a smart meter

icon

Best answer by Jequinlan 17 September 2020, 09:03

@Sjbn : My understanding (correct me if i am wrong @Transparent , @Tim_OVO) is that OVO don't fit "classic" E7 meters at all now. They will take on existing meters but I don't believe E7 meters are part of the current offering. Smart meters (which can be setup in e7 mode) are the way of the future as they will support Time of Use Tarrifs which is like E7 on steroids with up to 0.5hrly pricing differences. We all need to embrace smart meters for the future of the both the grid and supply but also the planet. 

This article may help: 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Sjbn : My understanding (correct me if i am wrong @Transparent , @Tim_OVO) is that OVO don't fit "classic" E7 meters at all now. They will take on existing meters but I don't believe E7 meters are part of the current offering. Smart meters (which can be setup in e7 mode) are the way of the future as they will support Time of Use Tarrifs which is like E7 on steroids with up to 0.5hrly pricing differences. We all need to embrace smart meters for the future of the both the grid and supply but also the planet. 

This article may help: