Solved

Central Heating Installation Process

• 30 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all hope everyone is doing well!

My current setup is economy 7 tariff (electric storage heaters) with mains gas for the cooker / hob. With a working smart meter.

I want to remove the storage heaters and get central heating installed. I would also like to continue using a smart meter or even better HIVE / Nest installation.

Getting it installed is fine however how do I inform OVO of this and is there a set process for what needs to be done before / after central heating installation?

Cheers,

Simon

icon

Best answer by Bradley_OVO 1 May 2020, 14:49

Hey @simonnewman49 

It sounds like you’ve already got smart meters installed at your property, which is super useful in a situation like this.

If you’re thinking of changing your central heating appliances, to where the Economy 7 tariff will no longer benefit you, we can remotely change your electricity smart meter to a single rate tariff (on the same plan). This is unless you will still be using the majority of your heating at night.

As you may already know, the Economy 7 rate provides a larger rate for day usage compared to the cheaper night rate, so if you stop using energy during the off-peak time, you won’t be making the best saving.

Once  you’ve made the changes, you just need to reach out to the OVO team and they can make the changes for you, once you’ve agreed to the alternate single rate price. This should take no longer than 12-24 hours to process for you.

You can reach on 0330 3035063, between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday. Or you can send them a message on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Hope this helps,

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hey @simonnewman49 

It sounds like you’ve already got smart meters installed at your property, which is super useful in a situation like this.

If you’re thinking of changing your central heating appliances, to where the Economy 7 tariff will no longer benefit you, we can remotely change your electricity smart meter to a single rate tariff (on the same plan). This is unless you will still be using the majority of your heating at night.

As you may already know, the Economy 7 rate provides a larger rate for day usage compared to the cheaper night rate, so if you stop using energy during the off-peak time, you won’t be making the best saving.

Once  you’ve made the changes, you just need to reach out to the OVO team and they can make the changes for you, once you’ve agreed to the alternate single rate price. This should take no longer than 12-24 hours to process for you.

You can reach on 0330 3035063, between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday. Or you can send them a message on FacebookTwitter and our Help centre has online chat!

Hope this helps,