Solved

"You don't need to supply readings as you have a smart meter" - but I don't have a smart meter?

• 2 June 2019
  • 7 replies

Ive looked at my meter reading history and it's now saying I don't have to submit readings as I have a smart meter , I don't have a smart meters for either gas or electricity ?
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 10 June 2019, 15:26

That's really strange, @Emm21, we'll need to take a closer look into this.

Can you send us message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number please?

If you don't use social media, email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
That's really odd, @Emm21. There could be a couple of things going on here. Would you be happy to post a photo of your meter(s) so we can double check this?

Cheers,
Nancy
That is how I send my meter readings in by photo , I've been doing that for the last four years ?
Something not right

Userlevel 6
Badge
They're definitely not smart meters, @Emm21 !

Where does it say on your online account that you "don't have to give readings"? Or are you just referring to the 'smart reading' label in the list of readings? If so, and you rang up to provide us with reads, the agent you spoke to may have just labelled them incorrectly.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
That's really strange, @Emm21, we'll need to take a closer look into this.

Can you send us message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number please?

If you don't use social media, email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Wow @Emm21 You have an electricity meter with a mere 40A maximum capacity! That's the same as would now be required for an electric shower! 😮

What's the age of the consumer unit it feeds?
Has this been upgraded or is of similar vintage to the meter?