Solved

Why have I not received my meter reading reminder email?

• 20 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Just been moved across to new online system and have not received my normal monthly reminder to submit meter readings which would normally be submitted tomorrow. I noted on the e-mail from OVO re the move to the new online account that bills will be generated at the end of each calendar month but there is no indication as to when I should submit readings.  I do not have a smart meter.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

icon

Best answer by Transparent 21 April 2020, 10:12

Hi @Drofdar Thanks for seeking help here on the Forum.

So the first thing to do is to email hello@ovoenergy.com and provide your meter readings. Make sure you give your Account Number and Post-Code so they can verify that you are the correct customer. That gives you a date/time-stamped copy of what information you sent.

Secondly, go online to your MyOVO page and have a look to see if the account information has any other oddities which might have caused the monthly reminder to fail.

Does it have the correct Tariff/Plan for you?

Does it specify the correct start/end date for that Plan?

Does it have the correct Previous Monthly Statement for you?

etc.

Please ask here again if anything else seems to be amiss. The advantage of the Forum is that we can get others without a Smart Meter to compare with their online information.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Drofdar Thanks for seeking help here on the Forum.

So the first thing to do is to email hello@ovoenergy.com and provide your meter readings. Make sure you give your Account Number and Post-Code so they can verify that you are the correct customer. That gives you a date/time-stamped copy of what information you sent.

Secondly, go online to your MyOVO page and have a look to see if the account information has any other oddities which might have caused the monthly reminder to fail.

Does it have the correct Tariff/Plan for you?

Does it specify the correct start/end date for that Plan?

Does it have the correct Previous Monthly Statement for you?

etc.

Please ask here again if anything else seems to be amiss. The advantage of the Forum is that we can get others without a Smart Meter to compare with their online information.

Transparent, Thanks for the advice.

I have checked MyOVO page and all details look correct so there is no obvious reason why reminder emails have stopped.. Why o why do they need to make all these changes  on the new online system. I ‘ve used MyOvo on both my PC and phone for years with no real problems and now I am struggling to find things easily. If OVO want us to do the work for them then they need to make things clear.

Anyway, it appears there is still the ability for me to submit new readings and I shall try this shortly. However, OVO have not made it clear when they need the figures. Reminder emails and information on Myovo used to provide this information. So what do we do now, Guess??.

The new web page seems to assume all people have smart meters and will never need to submit data since things will be updated daily. Judging by all the comments about problems with smart meters it seems they are not so smart as they could be.

I will attempt to submit readings and see what happens with the statements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

OVO have changed their main Billing software, which in turn provides the feeds to the online information we see.

This massive task was required because of failures with the 3rd-party software in the winter of 2017/8. This meant they were unable to satisfy basic compliency with Ofgem rules.

It’s relatively easy to work out the date by which you need to provide monthly readings. Look at the date on which your monthly Statement is issued. Submit your manual reading a minimum of 2 days before that. You might get 24 hours of “estimated” reading, but that’s a lot better than just missing the deadline and having the entire month “estimated”!

I hear your comment about the new software and its web interface being designed solely for customers with Smart Meters. This is a little difficult for me to check and comment on. I do have Smart Meters, and therefore certain parts of the user-interface do things automatically for me.

However, the overall design will undoubtedly have been undertaken with a view to the forthcoming Demand Side Response strategy. This was set as the foundation of the UK’s Future Energy Strategy back in 2013, during the coalition government when Sir Ed Davey was Energy Minister.

All Energy Suppliers know they must work towards this and it is a vital plank in our armoury to tackle Climate Change.