Solved

Why has the hourly usage data since 'upgrade' disappeared from the app and meter has stopped altogether?

• 26 April 2020
  • 5 replies

The OVO app recently stopped shoeing usage data altogether. After a few nudges I finally got customer services to look into it.  To be fair, they did fix the error and all was well...until the latest update.  Guess what? We are back to square one again with no hourly usage data being shown.  Message saying “Sorry, this usage data is currently not available”.  Despite constant nudges (again)...nothing.  Why on EARTH would you push out a so called upgrade which is not fir for purpose?!  On top of this (trouble always comes in threes), the so called smart meter has completely stopped working after only 3 weeks - useless junk; and the app is showing completely unintelligible charging information (says ‘Electricity and Gas usage £2.71, then shows debit of £101.18?!!!).

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 27 April 2020, 16:31

Hi @karlfrankland,

Sorry to hear about this experience. 

It sounds like there could be a few issues at play here. It sounds like there may be a communications issue between us and your smart meters which would explain why we’re unable to show anything on your online account or IHD (In Home Display).

Have you ever filled out a ‘Smart meter health check’ before? If not, it would be worth us completing one of these with you.

Pop us an email on hello@ovoenergy.com or send the team a message on Facebook.

Cheers

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @karlfrankland,

Sorry to hear about this experience. 

It sounds like there could be a few issues at play here. It sounds like there may be a communications issue between us and your smart meters which would explain why we’re unable to show anything on your online account or IHD (In Home Display).

Have you ever filled out a ‘Smart meter health check’ before? If not, it would be worth us completing one of these with you.

Pop us an email on hello@ovoenergy.com or send the team a message on Facebook.

Cheers

I’m glad OVO considers this ‘resolved’. I am afraid to say however that it is far from so.

As at today:

Still no working app (not showing hourly usage) and YES it is the latest version. 

Still no working smart meter (and when I say ‘not working’ I absolutely mean NOT working). The email I got back simply asked me to check the readings on the smart meter - if I could do that it would in fact be working. 

Have received a ‘corporate response’ from OVO which ignored what I actually told them.

Userlevel 5

The topic has been answered which is why it’s been marked as solved, @karlfrankland, it doesn’t mean we think the issue is. If you’ve been in touch with the team they’ll get back to you with a response soon. if you’re unhappy with the response you’ve received please get in touch again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Don’t worry @karlfrankland - there are several of us looking at very similar issues (including me)!

Have a look at what I’ve just posted over here.

Userlevel 2

My meter only worked sporadically anyway, but since the 22nd April it is taking daily meter readings but no half hourly usage data.