Solved

Why does My OVO give option to insert meter readings when I have a smart meter?

I have a smart meter but account currently shows the option to insert meter readings and also says I gave my last readings on my reading date. Well I didnt give readings but they are correct. Why does this option show when I have a smart meter.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 14 December 2017, 12:43

There's some good chat going on here - great to see!

A few possible reasons for this as suggested

1) Your meter reading reminders have been incorrectly left on after the smart meter installation. Turn this off via My OVO: http://ovoener.gy/myovo.

2) Your account hasn't been updated with your new meter details, so My OVO still thinks you have the old meters in. Have a look at your meter reading history to check this: http://ovoener.gy/myovo.

If the smart readings are on My OVO and the reminders are off, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) so we can check this.

Tim
View original

14 replies

Same for, had to have the (not very) old smart meter replaced with an Ovo one, which is waste of resources and I can see my usage so it's working properly. Yet every time i check the website I am reminded I have not submitted a meter reading. I have no interest a device that tells me I am using more electricity when I boil the kettle, what is useful is automating meter readings. Do I need to enter the meter readings despite having a smart meter? Can ovo please clarify.
sorry for my typo, should start 'Same for me'
Only just today does my account show correctly. Meter readings were done yesterday and show ok. I did phone and they said it was because i had reminders set so they removed them.
I emailed and got a quick reply saying the same. Took some digging to find the radio button, don't really see why you would want a reminder to do nothing. Reminders still coming but I know to ignore them.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
There is something odd going on with my account today.

I got this message when I logged into my account....

and it seems to think that the last meter reading was 37 days ago:

Yet, here is my realtime gas/electricity usage on my ovo:

So clearly my meter is communicating with Ovo and sending 30min usage. Why does "My Ovo" think it is not?

Has anyone else had this problem?
Hi Mw2870

You are not alone! I emailed Ovo about this and got a quick response from Martin.

'I have removed "Meter Reading Reminders" from your MyOVO account, this is a user preference as some people still like to have reminders even though they have Smart Meters.'

Unfortunately I am still getting the message. I looked at the settings, it's not a big site so I am confident I have looked in every corner possible. Under 'Meter Readings' you can select 'set up meter reading reminders' but the messages keep coming.

Good news is Ovo does have our readings so all this doesn't really matter, I do find it odd that the default is an alert to tell you to do nothing.

pirate
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Pirate,

Thanks for replying. I think Martin might be barking up the wrong tree. My reminders are set to off already:

This seems to be some sort of issue with the logic on the website.
Mine are off but not sure if they were on before i rang them.
I think mine were off before my email and I agree Mw2870 this looks like a system setting. Not a show stopper and hopefully the developers will resolve it soon. Come on Ovo, what say you?
Hi @pirate

I've passed this feedback onto our Development team as something to look into. If you're still receiving meter reading reminders, please contact us via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com).

Thanks,
Emily
Hi Emily
I'm having a similar issue in that I am being asked to provide a manual reading and my online account tells me a reading was last taken 28 days ago? Any reason why this is not taken daily via the smart meter? Is it set up correctly?

Ta
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
There's some good chat going on here - great to see!

A few possible reasons for this as suggested

1) Your meter reading reminders have been incorrectly left on after the smart meter installation. Turn this off via My OVO: http://ovoener.gy/myovo.

2) Your account hasn't been updated with your new meter details, so My OVO still thinks you have the old meters in. Have a look at your meter reading history to check this: http://ovoener.gy/myovo.

If the smart readings are on My OVO and the reminders are off, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) so we can check this.

Tim
I had a smart meter fitted 3 months ago to make my life easier and therefore thought I did not need to submit any manual readings but keep getting e mails telling me to submit readings
Does that mean my monthly direct debit payments being taken are incorrect ?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @TracyRob,

I've moved your post over here where you should be able to find the information you need.

Comment below if you have any more queries!

Nancy