Solved

Why do opening meter readings not match final readings from previous supplier

• 18 January 2019
  • 5 replies

When I log into my account, the initial meter readings don't match the final meter readings agreed with the previous supplier. The standard energy reading is nearly the same but the off-peak is nowhere near ! I have emailed OVO customer service but no response yet. I am ready to supply the one month readings but the initial readings on the account need to be right first.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 11 February 2019, 15:47

When I log into my account, the initial meter readings don't match the final meter readings agreed with the previous supplier.

The opening meter readings should match the readings used in your final bill @AErwood

Make sure they're not by looking at the actual readings shown in the first bill on MyOVO

If there's a difference, reach out to your old supplier and us to confirm the official readings and who's not using them: hello@ovoenergy.com
View original

5 replies

Still no response. Is OVO going to do anything about this ??
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

When I log into my account, the initial meter readings don't match the final meter readings agreed with the previous supplier.

The opening meter readings should match the readings used in your final bill @AErwood

Make sure they're not by looking at the actual readings shown in the first bill on MyOVO

If there's a difference, reach out to your old supplier and us to confirm the official readings and who's not using them: hello@ovoenergy.com
The official readings for the start of supply by OVO are the readings in the final statement from my previous supplier, SSE and which were agreed with OVO. I have sent a copy of this in an email to OVO customer care but precisely nothing has been done to correct the erroneous readings that appear on my OVO account.
Here they are again:
Standard Energy: 077780
Off-Peak Energy: 120905
on 21st December 2018.
See below for the photos of those readings.

Tony Erwood.

Oh, and three more things:
1) Please do not mark the above as solved because it is nowhere near solved.
2) On my account, it says that I gave the meter readings shown. I fact only one of the figures agrees with readings I have supplied. The rest have been fabricated by OVO.
3) The meter serial number shown on my account is wrong. See the photos for the correct serial number.

And I thought SSE were bad ..............

Regards,

Tony Erwood.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

1) Please do not mark the above as solved because it is nowhere near solved.
2) On my account, it says that I gave the meter readings shown. I fact only one of the figures agrees with readings I have supplied. The rest have been fabricated by OVO.
3) The meter serial number shown on my account is wrong. See the photos for the correct serial number.

Sorry to have caused you any irritation @AErwood

This is a peer to peer forum, and the best answer I gave is the most likely and relevant advice to someone in your situation. It's for anyone else finding this topic, so they get the best advice quickly.

If you feel this situation is OVOs doing and we need to sort it, please reach out to our Customer Care team directly: hello@ovoenergy.com.

If the meter serial number is wrong, it sounds like you had a meter exchange before joining us that wasn't recorded on the national database. If that's the case or a reading dispute is needed, our Customer Care team will need to get involved!