Solved

Why do I have to enter meter readings twice?

• 14 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Why do I have to enter the same meter reading twice when I only have 1 meter? I only have electricity but am unable to submit the reading unless I enter it twice.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 20 March 2019, 17:24

Hi @Tineiwait,

There could be a couple of reasons for this. Is there a sun and a moon symbol next to where you're entering the readings? Alternatively, is the website asking you to check the reading and resubmit?

Thanks
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Tineiwait,

There could be a couple of reasons for this. Is there a sun and a moon symbol next to where you're entering the readings? Alternatively, is the website asking you to check the reading and resubmit?

Thanks
Are you certain you don't have economy 7 if you are electricity only? Your data will have been provided through industry to say the meter is 2 rate hence ovo requesting 2 reads. You need to rectify this as incorrectly submitted reads could really mess up your billing.
I have gone to the website to put in my meter readings, and this month there are two fields to complete where there is usually one. The submit column stays greyed out when I put my reading in the field that shows it has a previous history for readings. The other field has a blank history.
The previous readings table now has an extra column with a moon at the head but it is blank.
I am worried that if I repeat the reading I have or just put zeros in the second field it will mess up my billing.
How do I get this fixed?
Userlevel 6
Badge
@SteveR - I've moved your post onto this topic about a similar issue.

Would you be able to answer the following questions so we can help you further:

Has this suddenly changed this month?
Do you have a smart meter?
Have you ever been on a two-rate tariff before?
Have you renewed your contract recently?

Thanks
I had a couple of responses from two people on support where I also raised my question.

"I can confirm that this issue has been resolved and this was simply a glitch in our systems"

"I have investigated the issue with the system asking you for two readings from the electric meter and found that our billing system has duplicated your meter so it shows twice, this has now been fixed and the update should take 24-48 hours after which you should only see one entry box."

There is now only one box and I have successfully submitted my reading this month.
Thank you for getting in touch.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Glad to hear this got sorted out for you @SteveR !