Solved

Why are my smart meter giving usage but not meter readings?

• 25 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello, I had a smart meter installed a few months back and I can see both my gas and electric usage through the portal which is great.

I've just received my statement and this only shows an electric meter reading, the gas section says I havent supplied a reading in 3 months (which would have been when it was installed).

Any suggestions on why the gas reading isnt working even through the usage is?
icon

Best answer by Transparent 27 September 2018, 20:11

Hi @DaveyR.

Well the gas Smart Meter has obviously been through the initialisation process with DCC, who are successfully sending readings to OVO.

So the lack of gas meter readings on your Statement must be an internal admin omission within OVO. Someone's not clicked the box!

One of the Forum Moderators has already spotted your question so I'm fairly certain this will be speedily rectified. But it wouldn't hurt to give them a nudge with an email to hello@ovoenergy.com and, in particular, ask them to ensure that you receive the dual-fuel discount for the first three months of the contract if that's not been applied thus far!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @DaveyR.

Well the gas Smart Meter has obviously been through the initialisation process with DCC, who are successfully sending readings to OVO.

So the lack of gas meter readings on your Statement must be an internal admin omission within OVO. Someone's not clicked the box!

One of the Forum Moderators has already spotted your question so I'm fairly certain this will be speedily rectified. But it wouldn't hurt to give them a nudge with an email to hello@ovoenergy.com and, in particular, ask them to ensure that you receive the dual-fuel discount for the first three months of the contract if that's not been applied thus far!
Thanks very much @Transparent that was indeed it, quick tick of a box in the background and it's sorted.