Solved

What to do if I suspect my Tenant has tampered with the meter?

• 15 January 2019
  • 3 replies

The tenants have the heatingvin at 30 degrees all the time even though they're not staying in the house. They've take him the prepayment meter out without permission and I think they're running up the bill with no intention to pay it. They may have already left. We are seeking a court order for eviction. They've also tampered with the electric meter which I've reported and have a £250 debt on a prepayment meter!
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 15 January 2019, 16:50

@Nstomo

Sorry to hear this. Ring up OVO to make them aware of the possibility of meter tampering and they should do their own investigation urgently: 0330 303 5063. If you are given a court order reference number. Maybe provide this to OVO over the phone as well.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Nstomo

Sorry to hear this. Ring up OVO to make them aware of the possibility of meter tampering and they should do their own investigation urgently: 0330 303 5063. If you are given a court order reference number. Maybe provide this to OVO over the phone as well.
The court date is for eviction but can't ovo do something now?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Nstomo This is why I suggested for you to call OVO. Unfortunately, I do not have the answers to this. But happy to provide recommendations.

Let us know how you get on