Solved

What is a load test and how do I do it?

• 2 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have been having issues with my smart meter OVO have recommended doing a load test. And I have no idea how to do that. The form I have to fill in makes it look like a meter reading but I want to be sure.

thanks!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 13 February 2019, 17:30

I have been having issues with my smart meter OVO have recommended doing a load test. And I have no idea how to do that.

Great question @Harvey1812

A load test is for Economy 7 meters, and involves recording both register readings at different points in the day.

Both readings either need to be taken in their peak times or off peak times, with the idea being that you confirm which register is peak and which is off peak.

If you have a smart meter, it should be easy to know which is day and night - press 6 on the keypad to confirm your economy 7 readings!
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I have been having issues with my smart meter OVO have recommended doing a load test. And I have no idea how to do that.

Great question @Harvey1812

A load test is for Economy 7 meters, and involves recording both register readings at different points in the day.

Both readings either need to be taken in their peak times or off peak times, with the idea being that you confirm which register is peak and which is off peak.

If you have a smart meter, it should be easy to know which is day and night - press 6 on the keypad to confirm your economy 7 readings!
Hello I'm a new customer I had a smart meter from my old supplier which was eon,I phoned you to see if it was compatible and you said yes but my meter is going up at speed.and it's making me rely worried please help me thankyou
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Lorraine5819,

I've moved your post onto this topic on a similar subject.

More info on how to conduct some meter tests here.

Cheers
Thankyou Nancy,I dont have a clue what I'm doing on here,didn't even know my question had sent lol
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Lorraine5819 - best of luck with the meter tests! Let us know how you get on 🙂

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings