Solved

What happens when my meter goes past 9999?

• 11 April 2019
  • 2 replies

My last meter reading for gas was 9000ish and when I have gone to submit a current one it now reads “0672”. I presume this means it is actually “10672” but there are only 4 boxes for me to submit my reading into and I can’t send a reading which is lower than my previous. Not sure what to do.
icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 9 May 2019, 13:27

Hi @mjane13,

I'm sorry for the late reply, I hope you've already got this sorted.

There's two different types of gas meter, ones that measure your usage in cubic feet, and ones that measure your usage in cubic meters. You have one that measures in cubic feet, as you only have 4 digits to your reading.

After it goes to 9999, it'll roll back over to 0000, but don't worry, our system will recognize this and your bills will continue to be consistent.

In this case, you'd just give us 0672, the system will do the rest!

Thanks,
Ed
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@mjane13

I recommend you call OVO to submit your meter readings. You can do so by calling the following number: 0330 303 5063
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @mjane13,

I'm sorry for the late reply, I hope you've already got this sorted.

There's two different types of gas meter, ones that measure your usage in cubic feet, and ones that measure your usage in cubic meters. You have one that measures in cubic feet, as you only have 4 digits to your reading.

After it goes to 9999, it'll roll back over to 0000, but don't worry, our system will recognize this and your bills will continue to be consistent.

In this case, you'd just give us 0672, the system will do the rest!

Thanks,
Ed

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings