Solved

What date should I give a meter reading?

• 21 March 2018
  • 6 replies

My statement date is 10th of the month. My usage payment dates are 12th of one month to 8th of the next. Exactly what date do I need to send readings to avoid yor estimated readings that make my bills go through the roof? I am normally requested by email on 5th of each month to send readings.
icon

Best answer by Transparent 21 March 2018, 20:09

Hi @NoiseMaker, The answers to this question are well discussed on this thread.

Note in particular the clarifications from @Tim_OVO about the readings being used to better inform the estimates. Real readings are always useful even if you take them a couple of weeks out from the date used on your billing-cycle.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @NoiseMaker, The answers to this question are well discussed on this thread.

Note in particular the clarifications from @Tim_OVO about the readings being used to better inform the estimates. Real readings are always useful even if you take them a couple of weeks out from the date used on your billing-cycle.
Just adding a note here. I've given the dates and would appreciate an accurate answer from an official Ovo rep rather than busy bodies. Where's the block button here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Erm, excuse me, @NoiseMaker,

You're on a Community-run Public Forum!
This is where fellow customers discuss energy matters and help each other.

If you specifically need a response from someone who's employed by OVO then you need to send the question to them using the email address hello@ovoenergy.com or by using the online form at the foot of this page.

I responded to you in good faith because I deliberately took my meter readings a fortnight adrift from the dates OVO requested them to see what happened. I have therefore gained from personal experience to know how OVO's estimation system builds on the data I supply. This was relevant to the question you asked.

None of us customers have a block button to override what anyone else posts.
What you write here will remain publicly visible forever.
Busy body. I rest my case. 🤣🤣
Erm, excuse me, @NoiseMaker,

You're on a Community-run Public Forum!
This is where fellow customers discuss energy matters and help each other.

If you specifically need a response from someone who's employed by OVO then you need to send the question to them using the email address hello@ovoenergy.com or by using the online form at the foot of this page.

I responded to you in good faith because I deliberately took my meter readings a fortnight adrift from the dates OVO requested them to see what happened. I have therefore gained from personal experience to know how OVO's estimation system builds on the data I supply. This was relevant to the question you asked.

None of us customers have a block button to override what anyone else posts.
What you write here will remain publicly visible forever.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
It's a real shame to hear you feel this way towards another user @NoiseMaker.

I think @Transparent answer was helpful and provided you with the additional information you were looking for. This is what we'd hope for from one of our users.

It's easy to forget that other users are also humans like you, but please bear this in mind and be polite when interacting with them on the forum- they're there to help you. 🙂

Lucy