Solved

'Subit meter readings' has disappeared from My Ovo?

• 3 February 2020
  • 8 replies

I normally take and upload meter readings on the 3rd of each month, but the ‘submit meter readings’ button has disappeared from my My Ovo page. I’ve gone into each and every part of the My Ovo homepage but it’s nowhere to be seen. Normally it’s available as soon as I log in. I used to get monthly reminders to submit a reading but about three years ago these emails stopped, so I don’t have a link to click through on either. Anyone else? Help?!

icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 7 February 2020, 15:35

It looks like you’re on our new billing platform, @RosieW, to be on this platform you should have smart meters, meaning you don’t need to enter your readings manually. If you don’t have a smart meter please reach out to the team, they’ll take a look into this. You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks! 

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

The green submit button on this page  or the page in entirety?

The green button. I’ve used it so many times! And today it’s just not there. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

very odd.  What browser are you using? Device and OS too.   Is it the same on other devices?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @RosieW - can you post a screenshot of your online account (omitting any personal info)?

Hi @Nancy_OVO - here you are. Screengrab of my mobile and desktop home page in myovo. The Submit Meter Readings option is not available in any part of MyOvo - I have clicked on and searched each and every page just in case it’s been moved, but it’s completely vanished! I’ve been submitting meter readings this way for years and am very confused! 

Userlevel 5
Badge

It looks like you’re on our new billing platform, @RosieW, to be on this platform you should have smart meters, meaning you don’t need to enter your readings manually. If you don’t have a smart meter please reach out to the team, they’ll take a look into this. You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks! 

Thanks for your reply, @Amy_OVO but this question isn’t solved. When the smart meter was installed I was told it could never and would never be able to communicate with Ovo because of where it was in the house. Therefore it’s impossible that it could be sending readings automatically. I don’t want to email customer services as I will lose my online discount and this problem is not of my own doing! Please advise, many thanks. Rosie 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks for your reply, @Amy_OVO but this question isn’t solved. When the smart meter was installed I was told it could never and would never be able to communicate with Ovo because of where it was in the house. Therefore it’s impossible that it could be sending readings automatically. I don’t want to email customer services as I will lose my online discount and this problem is not of my own doing! Please advise, many thanks. Rosie 

Hi Rosie,

If you need to get in touch with us for something you’re unable to resolve yourself, then you won’t lose your discount. 

Give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or message us on Facebook as the team will be able to look into it for you.

Thanks