Solved

One Year Anniversary and still no electricity readings, why?

• 13 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Anybody else been with Ovo for a year or more and not been able to give any meter readings for electricity.  Gas transferred without a hitch, but I am still without any idea of how much electricity we have used in that time.

Ovo appear unable to solve it

Any suggestions about what I should do?  I can’t use any of these new fangled facilities and most certainly can’t have a smart meter.

Quite frustrating really

icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 14 February 2020, 17:11

Sorry to hear you’re still unable to enter your readings on your MyOVO account, @nubink, this should have been sorted by now. If you can read your meter, we can add the reading for you manually and bring your account up to date, please reach out to the team. Please rest assured this will not impact your Self Service Reward. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks!

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

What exactly is the problem?  Is your electricty meter faulty?  More details of your problem would assist us in helping you.

Peter

Move from another provider, took 3 months or more for Ovo to be “delivering” electricity, but at no time has their system been able to take readings.  In fact, when I log in, the website first states that the electricity move has been cancelled followed by “Your electricity will commence with OVo [whatever tomorrows date is]”

Gas went through smoothly.

I have been told by OVO that it is with the organisation that does the actual moves,. but there is a problem.  There is nothing Ovo can do but keep asking this organisation.

In the mean time, I am asked for readings and cannot give electricity.

I have had to do all of the chasing - no one at Ovo seems prepared to take the responsibility for moving this forward and keeping me updated with communications to this outside agency.

Looking forwards to a huge electricity bill at some stage in the future!!!!

So, my question stands as, has anybody else been with Ovo without the ability to give full meter readings?

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Tim_OVO  can you have a look at this?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Sorry to hear you’re still unable to enter your readings on your MyOVO account, @nubink, this should have been sorted by now. If you can read your meter, we can add the reading for you manually and bring your account up to date, please reach out to the team. Please rest assured this will not impact your Self Service Reward. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks!