Solved

My meter has stopped clocking usage - what should I do?

We have just (today) switched over from another provider and when I entered our electricity meter readings into Ovo. I checked this with old electricty bill and it came to light that the night time electricty reading had not changed since September 2018. As we are not high users of night time energy it was not somthing that had been picked up on. I notified our previous provider as it was the day before we were switching and they promised to call me back and look into this. We have heard nothing. Any suggestions on what to do. There is obviously a problem somewhere with the meter. I was going to do the boil a kettle test during economy 7 hours to see if this is recorded. We do not have storage heater and the economy 7 hours only work for us when I use the washing machine or dishwasher. Also will my economy 7 hours be the same as my previous providers hours. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 13 May 2019, 11:37

Welcome to the forum, @Madison208!

It sounds like the meter is faulty - just to be sure I would recommend doing the kettle test during your off peak hours.

If the meter doesn't clock any usage, you'll need to call our Customer Care team to arrange a meter exchange. The earliest they'll be able to arrange an appointment for will be 17 working days. You can call the team on 0330 303 5063, they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. For the time being we'll need to estimate the readings, but these can be updated as soon as we've got readings from your new meter.

Switching suppliers won't affect your peak/off peak times! :)

Let us know how you get on with this.

Eva
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Welcome to the forum, @Madison208!

It sounds like the meter is faulty - just to be sure I would recommend doing the kettle test during your off peak hours.

If the meter doesn't clock any usage, you'll need to call our Customer Care team to arrange a meter exchange. The earliest they'll be able to arrange an appointment for will be 17 working days. You can call the team on 0330 303 5063, they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. For the time being we'll need to estimate the readings, but these can be updated as soon as we've got readings from your new meter.

Switching suppliers won't affect your peak/off peak times! :)

Let us know how you get on with this.

Eva
Thank you for your assistance. I have since spoken to the Customer Service team and this has all been resolved.

many thanks
Madi
Userlevel 3
Great to hear, @Madison208!

Thanks for letting us know ☺
Hello!

Having resolved our previous concerns with respect to our initial meter readings, it's come to our attention that our gas meter is not in fact working...

Only, having been asked to provide this month's readings earlier last week, it's now apparent that our gas meter reading hasn't actually changed in a month! Indeed, double-checking the device since having submitted the latest reading it's clear that, whilst we still have a gas supply, the meter simply isn't turning to any new reading.

As it happens, we received a courtesy call from OVO just the other day with regards to getting a pair of latest generation smart meters installed - and we're very much looking to doing that in June - but in the meantime we thought it probably best to try to let them know the current situation.

Of course, we'd like to do so without losing our self-service reward, but perhaps this constitutes an appropriate reason for direct contact? In any case, any advice as to how we might best go about all this would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!
Userlevel 2
Badge
@VagrntSol I've moved your message here as you should find the info you need!

To elaborate though, you certainly wouldn't lose your Self Service Reward (SSR) for reporting this to us, as you aren't able to do this using the app.

Here's further info on the SSR terms: https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/self-service-reward

Thanks,
Ed

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings