Solved

My final reading with Economy Energy is out of line with my first OVO reading, what should I do?

• 24 August 2019
  • 3 replies

I have contacted OVO at least 10 times trying to get resolution to a billing query between OVO and EE.( The end EE read and the star OVO are vastly different)
OVO have stopped me from switching away to British Gas since June because of this
This has cost me time ,worry and money
i have been fobbed off, never had a reply from the same person and had different info all along.
i was told 3 times the switch would be allowed only for BG to contact me to say it had been refused.

I have asked 4 times that my correspondence and documentation I emailed in be sent to OVO complaints department so
that it can be resolved properly including the meter reading and billing queries
This request has been ignored.

OVO gives the impression of providing good Customer Service but the Service I have received is appalling and a been nightmare for a consumer who has done nothing wrong .
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 27 August 2019, 11:24

I'm sorry to hear we're making you ill, @CROSS, this isn't something we'd like to do.

If the readings aren't in line with each other we may have to raise a read dispute to get this sorted, the readings will need to be out of a certain tolerance so we can do this. You'll need to get in touch with the team so they can look into this. You can message us on Facebook and Twitter, just confirm your name, DoB and full address. Or continue to email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com - it's likely a different agent will respond to the email. They'll also be able to confirm why the switch has been objected to.

The agent will initially try to resolve the complaint you've raised, it can't just go straight to the Complaints team. Read about our complaints procedure here.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
I'm sorry to hear we're making you ill, @CROSS, this isn't something we'd like to do.

If the readings aren't in line with each other we may have to raise a read dispute to get this sorted, the readings will need to be out of a certain tolerance so we can do this. You'll need to get in touch with the team so they can look into this. You can message us on Facebook and Twitter, just confirm your name, DoB and full address. Or continue to email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com - it's likely a different agent will respond to the email. They'll also be able to confirm why the switch has been objected to.

The agent will initially try to resolve the complaint you've raised, it can't just go straight to the Complaints team. Read about our complaints procedure here.
Eva
I have been trying For weeks to get this read dispute sorted
I have been trying for weeks also to get my issues put through to your complaints handling team as your customer service team have been no help whatsoever.
if you read my post properly you would not give me this banal reply .But this is what OVO do - just fob people off.
i am a consumer caught up in this unholy mess that nobody in OvO wants to address
Userlevel 5
Badge
I'm sorry to hear you feel like Eva's reply was banal, @CROSS , we're doing our best to guide you in the right direction to resolve this as quickly as possible.

If you have raised this to our complaints team they will be in touch with you directly.

Thanks!