Solved

Meter reader twice a month?

• 21 August 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi,

A few weeks ago someone came to take our electricity meter reading, and I forgot to ask him for his ID. He looked genuine. Had a little device etc.

Today another person knocked on the door, apparentely on behalf of ovo. This time for gas and electric. Gas is located outside and I have asked him to come back later for the electric as I have a sleeping baby (sleep is sacred!!) in the room. He was wearing a black and green polo shirt and a cap.

Is it normal to have your readings taken twice a month or something dodgy going on here?

Thanks,
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 23 August 2017, 13:51

Hey Syl1980,

It’s likely that the engineers tried to read your meters and then returned to your property a few weeks later as they were in the area.

All our meter readers are employed by an engineer company called Lowri Beck and they’ll always have their ID on them so just ask if you’re unsure. 🙂

Hope this helps!
Lucy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey Syl1980,

It’s likely that the engineers tried to read your meters and then returned to your property a few weeks later as they were in the area.

All our meter readers are employed by an engineer company called Lowri Beck and they’ll always have their ID on them so just ask if you’re unsure. 🙂

Hope this helps!
Lucy