Solved

Is my gas reading to high?

Userlevel 1
I have too small issues:
1) I was asked to submit my gas meter reading.
When I did so it was found too high and was asked to double check and resubmit. I hope I won't be overcharged.
2) it was also stated in my account that the previous reading was submitted 28 days ago which I haven't done. Is there an explanation ?
Thank you
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 2 July 2018, 13:01

Hey @petertsaf,

Sometimes the website will flag up readings that seem out of line with what we're expecting it to be. We'll make a prediction based on your reading history, and if the one you enter seems too high or too low, we'll ask you to double check.

If you're certain this reading is correct, just hit 'resubmit' and the website will accept it. It's a precautionary measure to prevent typos from causing a skewed bill, and to flag any issues there might be with your meter.

With regards to your second question, we'd need to have a look at your account to check this. Drop the team on Facebook or Twitter a message with your account number, full name and DoB and they'll be able to see what's going on.

Hope this helps,
Nancy

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @petertsaf,

Sometimes the website will flag up readings that seem out of line with what we're expecting it to be. We'll make a prediction based on your reading history, and if the one you enter seems too high or too low, we'll ask you to double check.

If you're certain this reading is correct, just hit 'resubmit' and the website will accept it. It's a precautionary measure to prevent typos from causing a skewed bill, and to flag any issues there might be with your meter.

With regards to your second question, we'd need to have a look at your account to check this. Drop the team on Facebook or Twitter a message with your account number, full name and DoB and they'll be able to see what's going on.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
Userlevel 1
Thank you very much Nancy
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close