Solved

I've entered the incorrect meter reading - how can I change this?

• 21 January 2018
  • 14 replies

How do I resubmit my electricity reading. THe option showed on my phone to "resubmit but when I chose it it said thank you and entered the wrong reading?
I can find no facitly to renter the reading and surely this is a common mistake.
please help as the next bill will cost thousands and I cant afford to pay that

thanks
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 January 2018, 12:57

How do I resubmit my electricity reading. THe option showed on my phone to "resubmit but when I chose it it said thank you and entered the wrong reading?
I can find no facitly to renter the reading and surely this is a common mistake.

thanks

We certainly don't want you having to pay a super pricey bill, @Energyflash !

There's currently not a way to amend a meter reading on your My OVO account. That being said, we can get it changed for you! Send us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, DoB, account number and correct meter reading.

If you don't use social media just email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Thanks,
Emma
View original

14 replies

thanks

We certainly don't want you having to pay a super pricey bill, @Energyflash !

There's currently not a way to amend a meter reading on your My OVO account. That being said, we can get it changed for you! Send us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, DoB, account number and correct meter reading.

If you don't use social media just email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Thanks,
Emma
Hello, I have recently swapped over to OVO as i moved into my new flat and i submitted my meter reading but they don't seem to change... My gas meter shows numbers as follows...

0074 85

The 85 is in red and i was told to ignore this, but as i have only been giving the 0074 i am not being charged for using any gas. I only question this as i don't want to get into trouble for submitting incorrect readings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello, I have recently swapped over to OVO as i moved into my new flat and i submitted my meter reading but they don't seem to change... i don't want to get into trouble for submitting incorrect readings.

@danchy19 I don't know what you mean about seeing the reading change - when you submit the reading on MyOVO, it should show up in that Meter Reading section, along with the date it was submitted.

The 85 in red is the decimal and should be ignored as you have, so that's all good!

If you ever did submit the wrong reading, submitting the correct reading before the bill will avoid any wrong charges. 😳
How do I contact OVO to changed the submitted readings ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Good afternoon @Wrongmeterreading

Welcome to the forum 🙂 Whenever I had submitted the incorrect meter readings via the app, I have simply submitted the correct ones and never had an issue. I would say to give this a go :)

Thanks
Matt
Userlevel 2
You can't actually delete a meter reading on your My OVO account. To get the meter readings removed from your account, you can email our Customer service team at hello@ovoenergy.com or tweet us or ask us on Facebook.

You can re-submit them like @ITGeek123 mentioned, although it's better to get them removed completely from your account so it doesn't cause a billing error or effect your yearly usage.

Hope this helps!
Thank you both for your help. I was able to reach enter the meter readings today. (as I had sent them a day early). However OVO had already swapped the readings over for me. Thank you ! I had contacted them via their complaints email. Not before joining Facebook for the first time ! What is that all about ? šŸ˜ I feel very old. But very happy. Thank you. Karen.
I've put the meter readings for day and night in the wrong place and submitted them how do i fix this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Danielhindle

The easiest way would be to go back to your online account and submit the right ones again, the most up to date readings will reach us and you'll be billed accordingly.

If you don't have Smart Meters, worth checking them out as it will save you have to manually give readings going forward and ensure your bills are always accurate.

Darran
hello, I have accidentally submitted my electricity reading as gas and fear I'll be charged loads because they're very different readings. I can't find a phone number to call to rectify this before the next billing (I'm on direct debit). Has it happened to any of you? Thanks!
I have submitted my gas readings but I cannot submit my electricity. Submit button is orange. It looks like that Iā€™m required to give day and night readings but our meter has only got 1 row of numbers.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Anitsu and @Renata82

Moved your posts over here where you can find more info above 🤓
I submitted my meter readings today but what then showed up is different to what I thought I typed in. Perhaps I did not type them correctly, should I just try again tomorrow? My optimal reading date is 3rd July
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Nellie77 - I've moved your post over here. The info you need is above ☝🏼