Solved

I've entered incorrect meter readings, how can I correct them?

• 2 January 2019
  • 6 replies

i have submitted my metre readings incorrect how can i change
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 3 January 2019, 11:43

Hi @donnaforster

If I have made a mistake I normally just re-submit my meter readings, maybe the day after, you should be able to do this online through your account. From what memory serves. I believe OVO use the latest meter readings to bill you. I may be mistaken, but that is what my brain is telling me. If re-entering them online doesn't work, or if you are worried, call OVO customer support: 0330 303 5063 😁

Please let me know how you get on.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi @donnaforster

If I have made a mistake I normally just re-submit my meter readings, maybe the day after, you should be able to do this online through your account. From what memory serves. I believe OVO use the latest meter readings to bill you. I may be mistaken, but that is what my brain is telling me. If re-entering them online doesn't work, or if you are worried, call OVO customer support: 0330 303 5063 😁

Please let me know how you get on.

I entered gas for electric and electric for gas in my readings today. I seem unable to cancel my entry in my online account. How do I reverse the entries?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Check out the above thread, @Mairead, you’ll find the help you need!

I’ve put my gas meter reading as my electricity can I change that online? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I don't think you can change this but I know from experience if you contact them on the phone they can quickly remove the incorrect read and submit another one in its place.

Proberly better to do this ASAP before a statement is produced. If not your next 'correct' read will adjust your statement correctly 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Check out the best answer, @Char04, nail on head, @SR3 :thumbsup_tone2:

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.