Solved

I think my meter is over clocking, can it be checked?

• 25 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Account number:
(Removed by moderator)
The reason for my request is detailed below:

I started the Lease on the above mentioned address on the 6th of September 2018. On that date the meter reading was: 67362.

On the 6 of November we received am estimated reading from your company of 67869 resulting in 507 kwh consumed between the 6 th of September and the 6 th of November.

On the 6 of December we received am estimated reading from your company of 68182 resulting in 313 kwh consumed between the 6 th of November and the 6 th of December.

On the 4 th of February 2019 I did an actual reading of the meter with the value of 70117 resulting in 1935 kwh consumed between the 6 th of December and the 4 th of February 2019.

Since the only appliances/devices which consume electricity in the apartment are : refrigerator, cooker, washing machine, microwave, two laptops and regular lighting and during the day we are at school the value consumed for the periods mentioned is very large.

Camden Concil already came to check if there was anything wrond with the boiler...but it was nothing. We don't have any explenation for this.

Could we set an appoiment so you can also check the meter?

Please contact me so me can schedule a check-up.
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 27 February 2019, 17:09

Hey @Ioana Drogeanu,

We've used estimated readings to bill your account based on the historical consumption of the property. I appreciate this may not be inline with your actual consumption, so when you submitted an actual reading in February we were able to bill you accurately for the energy you've used.

Your total kWh you've used since moving in is 2775. This isn't unusual and it's worth bearing in mind that this is winter usage.

You can divide the total kWh by 6 to work out your monthly usage. Then use the monthly kWh figure to work out accurately what this would cost per month by multiplying your unit rate.

There's a few tests you can preform on the meter yourself, to ensue they're clocking correctly. There's more information here.

There's an upfront cost you would need to pay if yo'd like an engineer to check your meter, this is £149. If it's found that your meter is clocking more than 2.5% fast or 3% slow, we'll refund the cost and re-bill your account. The reason we ask for the payment up front is because the majority of the meters that are tested come back within tolerance.

Eva
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Hey @Ioana Drogeanu,

We've used estimated readings to bill your account based on the historical consumption of the property. I appreciate this may not be inline with your actual consumption, so when you submitted an actual reading in February we were able to bill you accurately for the energy you've used.

Your total kWh you've used since moving in is 2775. This isn't unusual and it's worth bearing in mind that this is winter usage.

You can divide the total kWh by 6 to work out your monthly usage. Then use the monthly kWh figure to work out accurately what this would cost per month by multiplying your unit rate.

There's a few tests you can preform on the meter yourself, to ensue they're clocking correctly. There's more information here.

There's an upfront cost you would need to pay if yo'd like an engineer to check your meter, this is £149. If it's found that your meter is clocking more than 2.5% fast or 3% slow, we'll refund the cost and re-bill your account. The reason we ask for the payment up front is because the majority of the meters that are tested come back within tolerance.

Eva